•Chapter 26•

Longer Chapter! :DD

~~~~~

You scowl immediately, not able to smooth over your expression in time as he catches it.

Calming down, you sigh as you get ready to stand up, not wanting to deal with this until you feel a hand grip your wrist.

Your spin around, corruption boiling as you quickly yank your arm away. You fight to control the tendrils of your back as you ready to lash out at the guardian.

"C'mon man," Reaper spoke, behind Ink, his tired voice traveling through the place, "At least listen me out."

You nearly hissed as you replied, "Death, why did you bring the guardian here? I thought it was to talk about other matters? Not for the inkblot to come."

Ink slightly frowned but said nothing as Reaper answered, "Well, give 'inkblot' a chance Nightmare. And remember that favor you owe me? I'm calling it in. Listen to Ink, and talk with him. Converse. But please don't fight. I'm too tired for this."

You sigh as you pinch your nasal ridge, "Fine." As you sat in your seat that had a steaming cup of tea in front of it. You looked scornfully at Ink, sipping your tea as he moved to the other side of the table with a small grin.

You liked the taste of the tea. Looking at Life, you thank her, "Thank you Toriel, the tea is delicious."

Toriel smiles and chuckles, "I am glad that it could suffice your tastes Nightmare," then she looks at Ink as she sits across from Reaper at the table, giving him some coffee, "So, Ink, what has prompted you to talk with Nightmare in a small meeting here?" she asks.

Ink himself was befuddled by the normal conversation you had with Toriel and then cleared his throat, "Well- uh- I mostly came for answers. On everything."

"You're an idiot if you think I would tell you anything," You growl slightly as your bone brow furrows.
"So you do have something to hide!" Ink grinned, "You didn't say that you didn't!"

You roll your eye light, "Of course dimwit, because you wouldn't believe me either way. If I said I didn't, you'd still assume that I did have something to hide either way," You drink the rest of the tea, feeling better and positively refreshed, "And I did not agree to mindless chatter. What is it that you want Ink?"

"Oh!" His eye lights turned into a green triangle and a pink exclamation mark as he looked at his scarf, "Right! Who was the golden skeleton that your gang took 7 years ago? And I hope no bad came to him-!"

You roll your eye light again and exhale through your nasal cavity, pissed off, "Like I would hurt my brother," You say cutting Ink off and making all of the monsters around you look at you in shock. "Is me having a brother really that surprising," You snap, almost breaking your cool demeanor.

Sucking in a breath, you smooth your emotions and face expression. Nightmares and Corrupts dislike for Ink feeding your soul as well made you just really angry. Sighing, you tell Nightmare and Corrupt mentally to calm down as well. It didn't really help the current situation.

Ink shrugs and then looks at his scarf, "Cool! Alright then, why do you torture the other au's?"

You give Ink a deadpan stare and Reaper snorts and Toriel gives Reaper an exasperated look and a surprised one too as she looks at Ink.

"You seriously do not know?" you mock confusion and slight annoyance with a pinch of anger. Ink looks at you curiously, question marks in both of his eye sockets and you sigh, "Balance, Ink. Balance. I honestly thought that if you didn't know, Error would tell you. I need to cause negativity for the multiverse to remain stable and so on. Error, his job is to destroy but he does take enjoyment in it so it isn't much of a problem for him, and for you is to protect the scripts and au's, correct?" You ask, explaining to Ink, "And my brother, Dream, controls the influx of positivity and so on."