•Chapter 38•

After a few minutes of deciding on nicknames and such, Error adopted the name Strings, and Nightmare got Crescent. Cross and Crescent also met up with Nightmare and Corrupt as Corrupt and Nightmare are basically Crescent, and Cross can see ghosts because of his attachment to Chara.

You clap your hands together happily when done, "I'm glad we got that out of the way, so, now that we have acquainted with each other, we have to figure out on how to fix the current situation with Dream and the balance."

"First," Crescent spoke up, "Can you tell us the story of how you got here and how," He motioned to Corrupt, Night, you.

You snap your fingers, "Right. Sorry, hmmm, how should I start?" you scratch your cheek in thought, "Well, we come from one of the Multiverses, and I doubt it's the original one because Cross is here with me and well, the situation me, Nightmare, and Corrupt are in. And how, I don't really know, but I died, and as my soul got reincarnated into Night's body, making it merge with the current soul, creating... well, this situation. Also, Strings, you are probably confused," you add as you sweatdrop, "There are ghosts around the house. Crescent but a skeleton, like Onyx here and a corrupted version, also, Crescent, in our multiverse, revolving Dreamtale, the story is different. This time, Night eats all of the apples while Dream saves the last one. That's why there's gooplord, here," you point your thumb behind you and corrupt rolls his eye light, "The... transformation..." you wince, "Was pretty gruesome. And, of course, I can let one of the two take over the body for a while, its just that, Nightmare has to go to his original form for that. And it hurts. Well, used to. Got used to the pain. But, if you're ok with getting mentally scarred, sure, I can switch with Nightmare after I'm done explaining," Strings, Crescent, and Cross shrugged, "Cool. Alright, so-"

~~~

After everything was explained, your past and the current plan you have right now, you got ready to switch whoever wanted to come out first. Of course, it was Nightmare who went first.

"Ah, one second," you turn to Corrupt, "Will switching give up our cover? Does it use negativity?" you rubbed the back of your neck with a sigh, "I never really thought about this because we were never in a situation that needed us to be this secretive."

'No. It doesn't use magic, but your concern is appreciated. It seems you have matured,' You pout at Corrupts jab and then sigh again, exasperated.

"Hhh, whatever," you roll your eyes, "You're free to switch with me, Night."

'Thanks, Mara,' he gives you a smile, and you smile back. As you came out of the body, turning into an apparition, and as soon as that happened, Nightmare quickly took your place.

As the magic keeping your shapeshifted form wasn't being controlled anymore, it turned back to the original corrupted form, and then when Nightmare merged back into the body, the sludge started to ripple, showing the start of the grotesque transformation that was sure to horrify the meme squad. You chuckle as you see their faces morph into pure horror as Nightmare's body started to rebuild itself in shards of bone from the corruption, causing the sound of bones breaking and melding to come into existence.

'Puahahahahaha!' you laugh at their horrified expressions, no longer being able to keep quiet while Nightmare giggles. Corrupt himself gives a small chuckle, although not noticeable if not paying attention to him.

"Are you ok!?" Crescent stressed as he looked at Nightmare in his usual clothes, who was now stretching, happily able to have a body for some time after a while.

"I'm fine," Nightmare grinned, "I've, as well as the other two have gotten used to the pain over the years. I never knew that human faces were so much more expressive, though! Even when Marama was in human form, their face never looked like that!"

The 3 people blushed from embarrassment, but then Cross perked up and spoke, "Also- How many years have you lived to be able to get used to that!? That probably hurt like hell!"

"We forgot to tell them?" Nightmare turned to you, and you nod

'Yeah, guess so,' you grin, 'Want to break the news?'

Nightmare nods and chuckles as he turns back to Crescent, Strings, and Cross, "Yeah, so, we are over 5 centuries old,"

"HOLY HELL, YOU ALL ARE ANCIENT!" Crescent exclaims, and you laugh along with Nightmare, Corrupt gives an annoyed huff.

"Nigh-Crescent! That is rude!" Strings admonishes, "But also, how? Is it the same situation with crescent? Because he ate the apple. He's around 100 years old, and," Strings turn to Crescent, "I can ee now why you said he resembled you."

"Yeah," Nightmare nods as he replies, "When the apple is eaten, and you are one of the people of monsters guarding the tree, the power is transferred to you, making you the guardian of emotions instead. Although the title is powerful, it's very tiring."

"I see," Strings replies.

"Yeah," Nightmare then adds after you told him that Dream was going to meet up with you all today because you remembered when you saw it starting to get dark outside, "And Today is the day we were supposed to meet Dream in the Dreamscape, would you guys like to say hello and talk?"

"Dream?" Crescent says with a weak voice.

"Our multiverses Dream," Nightmare clarifies, "We are still trying to enact a plan about the whole situation. Having some more voices and ideas with us would be better. And I think he'll bring Sci or someone else with him."

"Sure," nods Strings, "It'd be smart to plan it all there since we won't be listened to. Just in case," Strings nods.

"So we're gonna meet Dream and possibly others from your multiverse? More skeletons?" Cross asks, incredulous, "That's cool! Skeleton monsters are so rare here! You can barely see any."

"Yeah," speaks up Onyx after a while of listening, "Everyone's doppelgangers are skeletons. Like, you and me, Nightmare and crescent, and so on. But each universe only has 2 skeletons. So I would say they are pretty rare, just not in the multiverse but only in the universes themselves."

You switch places with Nightmare after a bit, and everyone heads upstairs with you.

Everyone then, as instructed by you, sit in comfortable places around your room, and you fill the room with a lavender fog, aiding them on their way to your Dreamscape as you make them fall asleep.

~~~

You awake in the Dreamscape first, watching as the others groaned and sit up. Their eyes and eye lights are met with a grassy landscape and beautiful scenery.

When they all sat up, you spoke, "Dream should be here any minute."

~~~

Short chapterrrrr sorryyyyyyy. And after a while of not updating- T- T 

Didn't know what to type here as a filler, mostly, so it's a bit awkward, should be getting better from now on. Thank you, guys, for your continued patience!

ALSO- 

THANK YOU @Code12710 !

JIEIFBHYWFYGEYWFUYHWEFHUHUWFHU, THEY MADE THIS AMAZING PIECE OF FANART, AND I COULDN'T BE MORE HAPPIER!!! Thank you so much!!! I'm so glad you like the story so much to make it fanart.

Have a great day!