•Chapter 24•

JULY 11th IT BE.
Hello guys! Just a reminder from last chapter, I won't be posting for 3 weeks!! But when I get back, I'll write up chapter 25 and upload as soon as I can!

So have a nice day/Evening/Night!

~~~~~

"So where do you think this trapdoor leads to?" Asks Killer and Cross rolls his eye lights.

"Somewhere. This was your idea, so you go down first, who agrees with me?" Cross says raising a hand, Axe and Murder following suit.

"Awh, no fair," Killer pouts childishly as he starts walking down the steps in the trapdoor. Cross going next, with Murder and then Axe following him.

It had been a few seconds (Approx half of a minute) as they finally saw what the steps led to. When they walked into the room, cross looked at the room in surprise and slight awe.

Killer huffed as Axe and Murder went to shuffle around the books, "I though that boss might as well been hiding something more cooler than all of these books. Let's go. There's probably nothing here." Killer said.

As Cross headed to shelf #1, he took a book that had Entry/Diary #1 written in it and it and it said, years 1-73, My start.

Then Cross's eye sockets widened, "Killer, this- these arent just 'some' books. Throughout the centuries boss has been alive, he had been writing in journals, cataloging his life in each and every one of them." He said, grabbing everyones attention, as he thumbed through the pages and looked at the other diaries, confirming his statement.  "And this is the first diary here," Cross spoke as Killer snatched the diary from him and flipped through the pages.

"Wow. Boss's handwriting is still quite neat here," Killer spoke.

Cross snatched the book back and inspected it, the corners of the papers in the book were yellowed out, the spine of the journal already worn, certainly showing it's journey through the centuries, "Careful! This diary is about 5 centuries old Killer! And this-... still feels wrong!"

"Well, we've gone too far in," Shrugged Murder, "Would kill us with curiousity if we dont at least read a few diaries."

"But..." Spoke up Axe, "Isnt it personal..?"
Killer shrugs, "Look, it's fine. I checked, for some reason there werent as much guards controlling us, Error knew and told Axe to go ahead. They know, and Boss probably wants us to find out just didnt want to explain it himself." Killer said.

Cross hissed, "You couldnt have said that earlier?!" Cross sometimes forgot that Killer has good perception and sharp mind with how stupid he acted all of the time.

'Eh. Read it Cross. Killer's right.' Chara chimes in, Cross had noticed that he was unusually quiet but didnt comment on it. Cross sighs and then speaks up again, "Fine. But Im reading out this one."

"Ugh, fine," Killer made a motion of rolling his non-existent eye lights as he, Murder, and Axe sat down behind Cross as sat himself.

Cross starts.

After 73 years, 1 month, 3 weeks, 5 days, I decided to make a diary with Nightmare's suggestion, my memories don't stay as long with me as I want. My old family already star-

"73 years!? And when did Boss refer to himself in 3rd person? He a papyrus in disguise-?"

"Shut up Killer!... But good points," Cross huffed as he continued reading.

My old family (Old family? Cross thought to himself) is already starting to fade from my memories, so I decided to draw them out. (On the next page, Cross sees a male human and a confused sound escapes him, and then the others when they see the picture).

I am (Y/n) (L/n), this is my father. Let's start out with this. I have died and then reincarnated, which made my soul merge with Nightmare's and Corrupts. 3 entities in one body you could say.

"What?!" said Cross, as it was his turn to yell out in shock, "How!? So- wait-" When he looked at the others, they looked as equally befuddled as him.

"Maybe... reading more will... give us more answers?" Axe spoke and Cross nodded with furrowed bone brows as he started to read the diary for the 3rd time now.

When... I died, I came into the in-between and an entity brought me here. Hah. It's like the reinarnation fics I read a lot. Except this was very different.

Instead as reincarnated as Nightmare, I merged with him, as well as his corrupted side. They're like ghosts except we can change who controls the body for a while (Only Nightmare and Corrupt can stay in the body for about 5 hours but as Im the main host, it rejects them so that they cant stay in the body for long).

I used to be in the world of Creators. Was one until I... died. Only had my dad too.

He must be devastaded.

Welp... time to train with the negativity and goop, won't be able to become King and guardian of nightmares and negativity if I'm not strong enough. Thank goodness I have Corrupt and Nightmare to help.

To be honest, I dont think I would've been able to handle this without them.

And those were the 2-3 years in this journal. "I- this is very puzzling," Cross spoke, a disgruntled expression on everyones skulls. Boss never spoke about his liquid negativity being 'goop' as the others did as he was always strict and hated it.

The contents of the diary, the diaries being hidden, they really didn't have a choice but to believe and process the crazy knowledge they just gained.

"So... Boss is not Boss but at the same time is boss?" Killer said, "Boss is Y/n who goes by boss's name but isnt Nightmare and apparently shares the body with Nightmare and whoever 'Corrupt' is."

"Let's read more," Murder chimed in and there were a few murmurs of agreement and Cross read out loud.

I found Ccino's Cafe! The coffee is delicious and the cake pops! I also became friends with him. I wouldn't have to pay him for the coffee if whenever I come, I give him news on what happened in the multiverse.

I also need to find out how to cause negativity. I hate killing but I have to keep up the balance some how. I'll ask Corrupt. (Okay, Cross thought, Ccinos cafe, and negativity and spreading it for the balance).

Good news, Corrupt has agreed to spread negativity for the time being! Yay! And while doing that, me and Nightmare would be in the mindspace. We dont like violence and Corrupt doesnt care and is fine with it, so win-win!

I Also figured out how to shapeshift now, but I think that I will stay as I usually was when I merged. More comfortable now.

And I also have to think of when to rescue the gang. (The gangs eye sockets widened at this) I... have no plan, but I know that I have to get them somewhere in 427 years from now. God this'll be exhausting. Somehow I have to stop the X event, for Cross to stop a multiversal war, help Horrortale and its residents with food, so maybe I'll make a deal with Farmtale on that one.

Killer and Dust/Murder? I'll probably wing it. (Killer and Murder snorted at that)

But I'll leave this to future me. I need to find myself a good base/to make the original Nightmares castle and to train a lot more. Also to figure out how to summon the shadow Papyri but that's for later-

~~~~~

I was able to summon a shadow Papyri! But.. on accident, I'm working on it though! Nightmare and Corrupt are great support. (Despite Corrupt being grumpy all of the time)

~~~~~

I visited Ccino again!-

As Cross read over the continents of the diary, the other 3 listened with rapt attention, to Boss's- Y/n's- story and everything. Everything made sense now. The behavior changes, sudden sorta mood swings that didn't look like mood swings over time. Their boss was 3 different entities.

As they finished the first diary, they reached for the others, deciding to read them as well.