•Chapter 21•

Fun fact- I have been updating this book constantly every 5-6 days if you never noticed.

~~~~~

"Boss!" You hear a chorus of voices of the 4 skeletons that barge through the doors leading to the throne room.

You wave your hand, "Yes, yes,"

"What happened?!" spoke Cross first, "You told us to run and get Error and then you start to destroy and kill anything and everything around you!"

"Something happened, it won't happen again," you sigh.

"What did you need the little golden one for?" asked Killer, "Dream."

You nod, "Yes. That is my brother Dream and if any harm finds him, a harsh punishment will be dealt with accordingly." you say with a glare and the gang gets nervous, mimicking swallowing nervously.

"That was never our intention," says Cross and they all nod.

"Good," you nod, "What happened was a mere episode of sort, call it whatever you like. I am grateful that you listened to my orders, so, thank you," you nod.

None of the gang had ever heard you say 'thank you' so this was a big surprise for them.

"Of course, boss," Killer nods with a smirk and you dismiss them.

When they leave, you sigh, making a cocoon of tendrils around you, god, that was horrible.

'Why... why do you not want anyone else to know?' Nightmare starts as he gets out of the mindspace.

You frown. You know that at one point, you absolutely did not want anyone to find out about the merge, but now you are unsure. Why did you not want to tell anyone?

You mumble an 'I dunno', and then speak a little louder, "I'm just tired, man," you sigh and Nightmares looks at you sympathetically, "it hurt so much, and I don't wanna experience this anymore, this is cool, I do admit, but..." if I knew this was going to happen, would a want to be merged? Did I ever ask to be reincarnated? You posed in your mind as it was left unsaid. But Corrupt and Nightmare knew what you were feeling, you shared the same soul after all.

'You were amazing.' Started Nightmare, 'I don't think I could have gone through that. And maybe not Corrupt either, and I don't know if that would have happened or not if you didn't merge with us, but you are strong Y/n. I know that you don't have any siblings so would you like to be an older sibling to me and Dream? You helped a lot and me and Dream would be happy to have another sibling.'

Your breath hitched.

Oh... you wished for so long to have younger siblings.

A tear pricks your single eye socket, "Yeah... yeah, I would like that," you say quietly, happily. You hear disgusted blanching behind you and snort when you see that it was Corrupt who was doing it, "Sorry, sorry, yeah, yeah," You chuckle, getting a small smile on your skull.

You hear Corrupt laugh and Nightmare chortle making you wetly laugh as well as you uncurl from your cocoon, "I'm not going to tell them," you said, making a final decision, "But I want to see if they catch on and snoop on their own, I want them to figure it out themselves and see how long it takes for their self control to shatter and their curiosity to take over."

'Alright, I don't mind,' Nightmare smiles back. You hear footsteps and panic as you hear a 'Boss?'. So doing the only thing you would when at that moment you noticed Dream waking up, you teleport away to your bedroom.

~~~~~

When you teleport in, Dream almost shrieks in surprise as he was caught snooping around the room but your able to stop him by putting tendril over his mouth, "No worries Dream, it's Y/n," you smile gently as you shapeshift into your old body, "You did great, thanks for saving me, Corrupt, and your brother, I'm sure you'd like to talk to Nightmare now for him to explain a few things," you nod. Getting ready to leave the body, you stop by a 'Wait!' from Dream.

He then hugs you and you slightly chuckle as you hug back, "Aight, Nightmare's going to take over now," and you hear Dream mumble in return, showing that he heard you.

'Night!' You call out and Nightmare is as happy as ever to take your place.

"Oh, Dreamy!" Nightmare calls out immediately as you and him switch, using the nickname he and Dream gave to each other.

"Nighty!" Dream chirps back happily, still hugging him.

You smiled and then went to explore when Nightmare and Dream were catching up.

You went to the Living room to see all of the skeletons talking to each other.

You smiled. How things have changed.

Maybe you can get a truce in the future?

Who knows.

Welp. As you start to float back to your bedroom after an hour, you chuckle.

Who knows what the future will hold now after these crazy 5 centuries.