•Chapter 16•

WHAT. THE. HECK.
FIRST OF ALL, THANK YOU VERY MUCH MicCheap . I DID NOT EXPECT THIS STORY TO GET FAN ART. LITERALLY. LIKE- WTH. I CAN NOT STOP GUSHING ABOUT THIS.

KILLER IN THE CORNER FROM CHAPTER 14

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL. THANK YOU A LOT. SERIOUSLY.
You are amazing. Again- thank you so, so much! And I hope you have a good day!

Now onto the story! (Hope you enjoy!)

~~~~~

When you were done, you went into the closet and opened the small hidden door deep inside of it and immediately, it opened up into a room full of the different diaries of your (almost) 5 centuries of being in this multiverse. The Room was filled with a few bookshelves filled with your diaries.

The diary you had in your hand was just finished so you were here to file it as #226.

Even you were surprised at how many you have finished and written in.

Sighing as you slid the book into its place, you looked at the 1st diary and went to it. Tears building up in your eye sockets from seeing it.

You guess that it was the time to read it.

~~~~~

Opening the first few pages, you saw for first shabby writing, as throughout the years, your writing had improved greatly as you had written a lot as well.

There was your family, shabbily drawn on a page, and although not big, still held a large part of your heart, your soul. Your father by you and your mother wasn't on there, dead from giving birth to you.

Your father was nice, very generous and if there was a problem or something was needed, he would come in a flash.

Your mother was great too, amazing, your dad would say, while you were growing up, but to you she was a stranger.

You wondered how your dad was right now.

You missed him a lot. The pictures were your only salvation, your only remembrance of him, his clear and happy face forgotten and wilted over the years, as only events and memories were left.

You felt a hand phase through you and saw a sad Nightmare by you.

'I know how you feel,' he said sadly.

He didn't completely though, but that was left unsaid, it was the thought that counted you guessed.

At least he still had his brother, knew when he would meet, talk, and see him again. But you, you would never be able to see your dad again no matter how bad you wanted to.

You broke down, watery sobs echoing in the small room filled with book shelves.

It hurt so bad, even after almost 5 centuries, you couldn't get over it.

Sliding the diary in its place after you closed it, you sniffled and wiped your tears.

"Sorry," you mumble.

'You lost a loved one, that is not something you should be sorry about,' Nightmare says as he mimics patting your back as being a ghost and all, he couldn't touch you.

Sometimes, you wished that Nightmare and Corrupt had their own bodies, but, that was just a wish you guess.

You gently smile back in gratefulness and you hear Corrupt huff behind you, not one for empathy. You thank him for not interrupting the moment.

'Whatever,' he rolls his eyesight.

"This whole day has been an emotional rollercoaster," you said, "I'm going to go to sleep, you guys can do whatever." Both entities nod as you walk back into your room and close the door behind you and climb onto the bed, putting the sheets over you, you sigh as you sink into the bed and fall asleep immediately from the exhaustion.

Nightmares POV

When Y/n went to sleep, he took control of the body first, conflicted, as he watched Y/n's apparition float out of the body. Then he spoke, "do you think Y/n is going to be ok?"

'They are strong willed, so yes. And their soul had resisted from the start of the corruption for almost 5 centuries' Corrupt replies.

"I know, but they are worried, you know that. Since we all merged, we can feel each other's emotions, though when not in the body, not as much. But she was so worried and scared!" Nightmare fretted.

'That is... true. But you could also feel hope when I said tht we could hold it back for a while. And although I would love to destroy all positivity in the multiverse,' Corrupts voice turns dark and his usual glare turns dark, Nightmare glares back at the opposing parasite, 'We have... grown, I could say to tolerate each other despite me not having empathetic feelings much...' Corrupt says, lightening his expression, returning it to its usual glare.

Nightmare sighs as he sits on the edge of the bed and takes out the soul, seeing the dripping and taking over of the corruption slowed, "I hope this'll work," He says with a saddened expression, "Y/n is like a sister to me now, and I'm sure Dream would accept her as well. She is a nice person," Corrupt blanches at the positivity and Nightmare laughs, "Oh don't be like that!" his laughs stifling into giggles, "But, I really do hope that Dream is able to escape from being a stone statue, I regret that a lot," he frowned.

Corrupt rolled his eyelight, 'Of course you do, that is the natural feeling of guilt, idiot.''

Nightmare rolls his eyelights back as he gently pushes the merged soul back inside of the ribcage. Looking at Y/n, the lightheartedness of the playful banter had faded slightly. He was also worried not for Y/n, but how this would work out.

Going on the same rampage as he did back in his universe but this time having access to aus and it being much longer? It was going to be a literal nightmare (hehe, pun).

Standing up, he opted to cover himself with the blankets in the bed and lay back down to let the body rest and left the body to go into the mindspace to play cards with Corrupt.

??? POV

They watched what unfurled in front of them with great interest. They made the right choice it seemed.

Sighing, they make a few other screens appear in front of them showing the others. Later, a catastrophe will strike because of the corruption. They wonder if they can help again. Somehow. Maybe..?

They wave their hand, letting magic seep out and change the course of the fate or destiny of their lives. Here. Now, depending on the choice that is made, by who or by what, that will determine the outcome of the future.

~~~~~

Blue or Purple?