•Chapter 35•

"And you decided to wing it?!" Cross spoke incredulously.

You shrugged in response.

Cross sighs, "Ok, so, what have you thought about the plan for right now?"

"Well, Meme squad is going to be our best bet for right now," you spoke, "Though, we haven't gone as far in as to see how we were going to find them and approach them."

"Ok, well, that's a good start, I guess," said Cross with a mouthful of spaghetti.

"Yeah," you nod in agreement, "Also, in a few days, it's time to meet with Dream again so we can get another update on what's happening in our multiverse."

"Nice."

"Hmm. Should we look for their base and approach them that way?" you ask yourself, and Corrupt replies immediately, stepping out of the mind space along with Nightmare.

'No. It would put them into a state of alarm. We have to find them one way or another, but definitely not by deliberately finding their base and scaring them,'

"Yeah... you're right. What do you think, Night?"

Nightmare shrugs in response, 'I... don't know.... But I have a feeling that we will meet them soon.'

You nod in response, a thoughtful look on your face as Cross was sitting and listening to the conversation.

"Yeah," he nods, "That's probably our best bet."

You agree and go to the kitchen, wash your plate, and retire for the night.

~~~

You wake up bright and early in the morning, feeling a bit better and a bit more energetic despite still being fatigued with the amount of positivity in the multiverse. You head downstairs, and Whiskers hops onto your shoulder, rubbing his face into your neck, purring, making you smile. You skip breakfast since you have no appetite right now.

As you change the signs from 'Closed' to 'Open', you sit down behind the counter. Some people had filtered in through the hour or so, and the old library starting to be noticed now. And as you checked out some books for another person, you relaxed in your chair and started a new book to read, entranced in the story.

When you hear the clink of a cup being put onto your desk, you look at Onyx, who has filled up a cup of coffee for you, and you thank him, grabbing the coffee and standing up to stretch your limbs.

"Why didn't you wake me up earlier? I could've made breakfast," he said.

"Had no appetite. And through the hard work you've done so far, I think you've deserved some rest," You replied as you took a sip of coffee, humming in appreciation as it was made how you liked it.

"Thanks," Onyx nods with an appreciative smile.

"No proble-hrggk!" You gasp as a wave of strong positive energy hits you as you're about to stand and Onyx catches you. Your hands and legs tremble as you turn weak. You just barely catch your cup of coffee from spilling.

Goddammit, you're so helpless here, you grimace.

Onyx looks over you, worried, "Marama? Are you ok?"

"Dream," you say, and Onyx sits you down on the chair behind you while holding your mug of coffee so that it wouldn't spill.

"He's probably passing by, if he comes in, I don't think it'll be for long, don't worry," Onyx says, a small frown on his skull, "If it becomes too unbearable, just tell me, and I'll teleport you upstairs."

You give him a thankful smile, "Thanks, Cross, I appreciate this," you say, accidentally slipping up on both of his names, "Oops- sorry."

"Nah, all's good," then the sound of the door opening could be heard, and Onyx looked towards the door along with you. Whiskers climbed into your lap as you glared slightly at Dream and Ink.