•Chapter 34•

"Hey, so..." you started as you both started eating. Onyx couldn't cook that much so he made macaroni and cheese. You didn't care though. Food was food and that food was good. So you ate and continued speaking, "So I came to an agreement with Corrupt and Night when you were out," Onyx raised a bone brow in question, and you continued," While the others try to find a way to get us back, I'm going to help Dreamswap however I can."

Onyx choked on the macaroni and cheese, "Wh-why!?" He exclaimed in shock after he stopped coughing.

"I feel bad for the others here and I don't want to sit around and do nothing while feeling weak like this. And the amount of positivity here is extremely annoying. Even though food can sustain me for a while, negativity is my prime source of energy and food. Monster food can keep me alive, though I'm going to be very weak."

Onyx frowned, worried, then spoke, "After eating, let's try to find a negative au for you at least then."

You nod in agreement, "Yeah, that would be most appreciated."

As you finished your macaroni and cheese, you stood up, bowl in hand, and head to the sink to wash after yourself. You were glad that Onyx didn't baby you, that was what you were most relieved about.

A minute after you washed your bowl, Onyx came in and washed after himself before turning to you and wiping his hands on the kitchen towel.

You nod, "Yep. Let me try to locate a negative au and I'll tell you the coordinates. After that, we'll put an 'Open' sign on the library so that people could come in here and enjoy some peace and read."

"Sure," Onyx agrees and a second later, you were able to find a negative au (Thankfully) and tell Onyx the coordinates.

~~~

Even though the au wasn't that negative, you still felt better than coming to Dreamswap. After that, you decided to go to the Dreamtale of Dreamswap.

Of course, it was more positive than the ones back at your multiverse, but you wanted to check it out for a while.

A few minutes in Dreamtale, you saw Dream looking around and you and Onyx quickly hid behind a tree and Onyx opened up a portal. You both hurried through, thankfully, you weren't caught.

When you finished setting up the library, organizing the books, and so on, Onyx putting on some scarves or small plushies he made in a small display area, you went up to the door and flipped the small sign that Onyx put on it to 'Open'.

Of course, this library was a bit away from the main village, but it was fine. You didn't want to look after too many people anyways. Only an occasional 1-2 would be nice.

As you sat at the front counter, petting Whiskers who sat on your lap, you saw the library's door open and you smiled warmly at the person who walked in.

When you saw who it was, you had to refrain yourself from frowning at them.

It was Blue. Light chestnut hair, blue eyes, and a permanent smug smirk on his face.

Was he watching you and Onyx from somewhere? Because you were pretty sure that Blue would not have found this library so fast. It would have taken at least a couple of days to see that the library here reopened.

When you put most of your main attention onto Whiskers, you watched as Blue went to Onyx's section out of the corner of your eye. You silently bristled and glared in the direction Blue disappeared into.

Blue, in this multiverse, was not good news. After a while of silence, Blue and Onyx emerged from the little plush section, talking. You weren't able to catch what was said, but when Blue turned to leave, his back to you, you glared slightly. You knew that Blue had his own stuff that he went through, and you do sympathize with him, you really do. Because you yourself weren't that good when it came to your own multiversal matters but Blue was more... how should you put it... fickle to deal with. Of course, he had his own things to gain with his own plans but his personality and himself in this multiverse, to put it short, he was a scumbag.