Mother

Arinna walked her way to her dorm room in her lioness form. Oh how she hated not being able to change back. And what was with Kirishima being all fan boy over her father all of the sudden? Honestly, she didn't expect that to happen in her life again. The last guy she let in her life, he was a big fan of Crimson Riot...didn't turn out that great. Those conflicting feelings came over her again. Maybe he's just a fanboy who isn't like Isaiah. He must of known who her Dad was, if he didn't, why did he mention his name? What if he's a nice guy that just so happens to like Crimson Riot? What would happen if she became close friends with him? He was so nice, should she give him a chance? Or does she just close herself off again?

This is what she wanted, she longed to make friends. Of all the possibilities of who her first friend could be, it was a guy. She jumped upon her bed, laying down to rest. She wished her mother was here, she would know what to do. Raiotto never talked about what happened to her, he would always just skip the subject altogether. She didn't even know her mother's name.

She did know that she inherited her quirk in some variation. Her Mom could turn  into any animal she wanted. Her favorite was the lioness and she went on to name Arinna exactly that. She got the name from the Hebrew word for Lion. Paul said she did love Ari, but the choice she had to make was for her own "happiness" and vanished from the family forever.

It didn't make any sense, where was she? Why didn't she stay? Was Arinna not good enough to be her daughter? Tears rolled from her gorgeous eyes and she let out a lion whine. Her paws were too big to wipe them away from her face, it was such a pain. A knock was heard on the door and she let out a groan to let who ever wanted to come in. Thank God it was her Uncle Toshi.

"You're still a Lion? What's upsetting you?" He asked.

She gave him a look, knowing he knew that she couldn't speak. She laid her chin down upon her paws, looking terribly sad. All Might sat next to the massive Lion and pet her head, "What can I do to help you feel better?" He asked. Arinna just laid her head on his lap, taking in the soft pets.

"I see, you just want some attention." He smiled. Ari  huffed, not taking the joke very well. "I know. You'll be okay, sweetie. You just have to learn to let go of what's bothering you."

"Ooorrroooroo!" Her paws hiding her face.

"I'm sorry, I didn't get that. What did you say?" He joked. Ari groaned again, turning her head away. "Hey, you're not making this easy. You have to laugh to change back, you know that. Or at least smile."

Arilet out a sound almost like a bark, disagreeing with his comment. Her Lion gene was very strong willed and it was almost as hard as pulling teeth to get her to do what he was asking her to do. Toshi rolled his eyes and pushed her playfully, "Cheer up, Simba!" He got her to look up at him, wondering what on earth he was doing. He pushed her again, trying to get her to play fight back. She let out a noise and hopped up, growling in protest.

"Ooh, such a ferocious beast." He chuckled, tugging on her ear. She swatted him with her paw upside the head, getting him to flinch out a laugh. "Come on, Cowardly Lion. Want to fight?"

Ari hopped back and forth on top of the bed before growling in his face again. He pushed her off the bed, sending her falling to the floor. "Not so tough now, are you?"

The fall did it, Ari let out a growling chuckle and she formed back into herself, "There's my beautiful niece." He opened his arms for a hug and she pushed him instead. "Not after all of that." She giggled, sitting next to her uncle. He threw an arm around her, looking at her face, "Whats been going on?" He asked.

"Oh, I was just upset at Bakugo. He told me to die." She said uncomfortably.

"Oh yeah, he says that. Not something that I condone but there's a lot of stuff he says but don't take him seriously. He's just an angry kid."

"I get angry too but I don't tell people to die."

"Yeah, there's more to Bakugo than you think. You two might end up becoming friends."

"Doubt it. But thanks."

"Is that all?" He asked her, All Might knew her too much to know when she was leaving something out of a conversation. He would always be thorough with her so she wouldn't feel as bad.

"I was thinking of Mom today..."

"It's been a while since you've thought about her." He rubbed her back in circles. Ari laid her head upon his shoulder tiredly.

"Why didn't she want me?"

"Sweetie, it's not your fault she just up and left. She chose to be a selfish coward. You have people like me, your Dad, and Paul. Theres friends you've already made here that all care about you. Don't worry over someone who refused to help you grow."

"I know, I just wish she would be here to help me with my quirk. Maybe if she were here, I wouldn't be so awkward with it."

"That's why you're here at UA. We will teach you about your quirk, we will make an amazing hero out of you." He smiled.

"I hope so." She yawned, All Might hugging her shoulders.

"Do you feel better now?" He asked. She nodded and he kissed her forehead. "I'll see you in the morning. Get out of this room and hang out with your friends."