Cat Whisperer.

Mina and Jiro came rushing out of their rooms to see Kirishima sitting there, scared as hell. They heard a commotion in the front room and came out to check on them. Arinna was gone and only a shivering Ejiro was left.

"What on earth happened to you?" Jiro asked.

"N-nothing. I-I'm okay." He stuttered out.

"You look pale. Where's Ari?" Mina said as they helped him up.

"She's in bed." He told them. "She was tired." He shakily walked to his room in silence, repeating what happened would just ruin Ari's trust in him. His heart pumped faster than he had ever thought it capable and he tried to slow his breaths. There was something wrong, he had never met someone like her. His chest stung but not because of his fast heart beat, it hurt for her.

He felt her pain and it was a dark and deep sting, something she must have had most of the time she's around people. He couldn't let Arinna stay a victim of it, he had to help her. His thoughts raced, trying to pin what she had gone through. Trauma was such an evil thing to be tormented with, her of all people? How awful.

Arinna paced in her room back and forth, fuming with anger. How dare he? He wasn't permitted to look that close! Ugh she hated this. Why? Why did he have to see all of that? She was having fun, she finally had friends and then this happens. What would they think if she confessed to them what happened to her? She didn't want anyone to know. Was she too obvious?

Ari plopped onto her bed, exhausted by the events that had unfolded. She didn't have to roar in his face...how rude of her. He was only trying to help, why did she have to do that? She started regretting her actions, crying herself to sleep.

The next morning, Ari woke up, once reminded of last night, she closed her eyes tightly in hopes of sleep overcoming her again. How could she face Kirishima now? What would he say? She laid there in a depressed slump, not wanting to get up and start her day. The only upside was that she wasn't a lioness anymore. She stretched and sat up on her bed, looking through her phone for a little bit before she stood to get dressed. Her long wavy brown hair was braided into two ropes that rested on her shoulders.

She slipped on her uniform and left her room to see the students all doing their morning routines, eating breakfast, exercising and preparing for the day ahead of them.

"Morning, Ari." She heard a soft monotone voice beside her.

"Morning, Shoto." She managed to put forth a smile on her face.

"How are you this morning?" He asked her.

"I'm okay. Thank you for asking."

"Did you have breakfast yet?" He asked her.

"No, I just woke up."

"I have some Dorayaki I've been wanting to make. I bought a little too much. Would you like some?" He asked her. Arinna, not wanting to repeat anything from last night, nodded. "Sure that would be nice, thank you."

"Okay, Wait at that table over there." He pointed to the far table where her and Ejiro had their altercation. She paled. Really?! She sat down at the table, waiting for him to finish making them. She kept her head down. She hadn't seen Kirishima come out yet, she dreaded seeing his face. Even hearing his voice would give her chills right now, she was ashamed of how she acted.

"Morning, Ari." She looked up to see the spiky haired red head wave at her with a friendly smile. What the hell? Did he not remember that she tried to rip his head off? She averted her eyes from him, not even responding to his greeting. This time, Ejiro just let it happen. She would express herself when she was ready.

Shoto came up to the table, placing two plates of the thick pancakes down with a couple of cups of tea in front of her. He sat down across from her, "You didn't greet him." He spoke.

"What?" She sounded surprised.

"Kirishima, you didn't greet him." He repeated.

"Oh, I must not have heard him." She played it off.

Shoto tilted his head, processing her. "You looked right at him."

"I must not have noticed." She blushed.

"You're turning pink. Do you have a fever?"

"I'm okay. Really." She spoke up, smiling awkwardly. "Thank you for breakfast, that was really sweet of you."

"It's no problem." He gave her a faint smile. "I like your eyes."

She nodded, knowing he was acknowledging her uniqueness, she respected his comment, "I like your eyes too." She smiled before she bit into the thick pastry. Her eyes lit up as she tasted the chocolate filling, it was a wrap.

"Ooh, This is so yummy."

"I'm glad you like it. I got it from a little shop just near the school. Have you gone food shopping yet?" He asked.

"No, not yet. I haven't even thought of the design I want for my hero suit. I'm so behind." She told him. There was something about talking to someone that resembled herself that just felt right.

"Honestly, I don't think you need a suit. Your cat form is enough for you to stand out." He told her. "Do you want to go grocery shopping with me tonight? It'll help you avoid Red Riot." He gave her a smirk.

"I'm not trying to avoid anyone." She denied. Shoto rolled his eyes and chuckled.

"So I guess these claw marks are here because you've designated this as your scratching post?" He asked. Arinna stared at him, touché Shoto. She sipped her tea, sizing up the clever boy. Looks like Ari had made a brand new friend.

"Yep." She smiled. "You must be special, Lions are territorial about their scratching posts."

"Call me, cat whisperer." He smirked.