Silly Mess.

School ended for the day and Kirishima caught up to Ari in the halls, "Hey. Are you doing okay?" He asked her. Ari looked up at the tall red head and shook her head, "I'm trying to be."

"Hey, Come here-" He hugged her tight, hoping he didn't push any boundaries with her. Relief washed over him when she returned the hug. "I'm here whenever you need me, okay? I don't care what hour or if I'm asleep. You come running when you need me."

"Okay." She smiled against his shoulder, loving his touch. "Let's just go back to the dorms, okay?"

"Of course." They left the school and walked back to the dorms without a word, their silence towards each other was a mutual respect. Ari wasn't ready to talk about everything and Kirishima was doing his best to be patient enough to wait for her to be ready. "I did my best to finish that book last night, I wanted to get ahead on the assignment." He told her. Ari lowered her head to hide a grin, he didn't want to get ahead, he wanted to know what happened to her.

"How far did you get?" She asked. 

"Chapter eighty six."

"Yeah, you're close." She said nervously. Kirishima took her hand, noticing her uneasy expression. "Just...please don't think any less of me when you do find out."

"Thinking less of you would just be an insult, Ari." He gave her a sheepish smile and opened the dorrs to the dormitories. "Do you want to...read the book with me?" He asked. "You can say no, I'll understand."

Ari took a moment and thought about it, "Okay." She said quietly. "Your room okay?"

Kirishima smiled and nodded, "Yeah, thats okay."

Ari left him in the hallway for a moment to change into something other than her constricting uniform. She decided on a black hoodie and matching leggings, before she left the room she remembered to grab something and dashed out of the room. Ejiro noticed she was caryying something behind her back and smirked, "What do you got there?" He asked. 

"A present." She looked uo at him with her big unique eyes. "Close your eyes." 

"Okay." He obeyed her and closed his eyes. 

"Hold out your hands."

Kirishima did what she said and felt something flat and smooth being placed into his hands. He opened them to see a canvas, the front flipped over on bhis palms, "What did you make?" He asked, having a feeling of what it was. He flipped it over to see a portrait of himself. 

"No way!" He exclaimed excitedly. "You painted this for me?" He asked. 

"Yeah. Its not the size of canvas I am used to but I think I did a pretty good job." She smiled. 

"When did you ave the time to do this. Its beautiful."

"I make time, and thanks. I think I owe to to you because of what happened last night." She shrugged, still a little ashamed of the little incident. Kirishima sighed and looked at her sweetly before hugging her. "Thank you so much."

"It's going to take more than vomit to keep me from being your friend, silly."

They left for his bedroom and he placed his painting over his bed so he could look at it whenever he went to sleep. Ari, feeling nervous from being in a boy's room again, shook in fear. Ejiro took her hand and she looked up at him, "Are you comfortable being in here?"

"Yeah."

"Don't try and make yourself strong, Ari. You're shaking."

"I want to be here...Its just...I haven't been in a boy's room since..."

"IT?" He asked. "I won't think any less of you if you wanted to be around other people while we read the book-"

"No." She interrupted. "It has to be just us...I don't want anyone else to know."

Ejiro searched her eyes, hoping for a glint of approval that was genuine and not forced. He knew that she wanted to make herself strong in the moment but he also wanted her to feel safe, "Tell you what, Pick anywhere to sit and then you can tell me where I can sit."

"In your own room?"

"I want you to feel comfortable wih me in the same room with you. Where do you want to sit?"

Ari looked over at the desk chair and pulled it up, "I'll sit here."

"Okay, tell me where to go."

"Sit down on your bed." She blushed. Kirishima sat down at the edge of his bed and opened the book. "I want to read this chapter, Is that okay?"

"Thats okay." He handed her the book and she started reading aloud, every page turn feeling like it was a death sentence. This was a big step of bravery for her and she wanted Kirishima to know...he needed to know. She liked him, she liked him alot and he needed to know what happened to her. The last page of the chapter, her hands trembled as she finished the chapter, handing it to Ejiro who held her out stretched hand firmly in his, "Breathe."

Ari took a deep breath, tears threatening to escape. 

"Listen, no matter how bad it is I will always be there for you. I know this is hard for you to tell me but I am thankful that you chose me to talk to." He gave her a reassuring smile. She let go of the book and the next chapter began, Ejiro read page after page with her visibly shaking as he read aloud. His hand never left hers, "Do you want me to stop?"

"No, Eji. I need you to know." She confessed. "Its important."

Kirishima put down the book and faced her, "Can I ask a question? Why do you want me to know?"

"What?"

"No, I mean...I am geniunely curious. Why did you choose me?"

"You showed me that I could trust you. You never quit wanting to be my friend even when I treated you poorly. And...you're the first boy...I've liked in so long." He averted her eyes from him and silence came between them, "I was told to make sure that the people closest to me know so that they would know how to care for me. They also said that if I ever want to start dating again-"

She stopped herself, glancing up at Kirishima who looked shocked, "Sorry, I shouldn't assume that you would want to-"

"Ari." He chuckled, taking her hands in his. "I like you too." 

"Really?" She asked a bit shocked herself. "Even when I'm a silly mess?"

"Especially when you're a silly mess, Ari." He kissed her hands.