I Just Wish...

The two of them walked hand in hand as they looked around at the little shops. Ari linked arms with him as they walked, iced coffee in her hand. She was enthralled by him, what a hunk. She met him at her fathers agency, he was one of the employees sons. His tumbling blonde locks fell over his captivating green eyes and his smile was something she could stare at all day. He was a work of art, a tall and tanned boy who could pass as a Greek god.

"Sweetheart." He laced his fingers with hers. "My parents gave me permission to use the summer home. We can invite our friends over, it can be just you and me...the point is, spring break is ours." His voice was like a song to her ears. 

"I'll have to talk to my Dad first. He loves you though, I am sure he'll let me go." She laid her head on Isaiah's shoulder. He was so strong, so sweet. How did she get so lucky? His father came into the agency with him so he could meet Crimson Riot, he was such a big fan. Turns out Ari was hanging out in her Dads office and they happened to meet. It was history from there, Arinna and Isaiah were inseparable.

"Hey, Ari." He turned to her and smiled. "I love you." The grip on her hand grew tighter, more secure. She made a smile that reached her eyes, making them glimmer with adoration. "I love you too."

"Ari." She heard her uncle's voice from beyond her thoughts and she snapped out of it. "You seem to be having more and more of those." He told her. 

"More what?" She played it off. 

"You know what I mean. You've been disassociating more often."

"What? has my Dad instructed you to keep count?" She asked defensively. All Might gave her a look, she knew him better than that. He wasn't doing anything to inform her father of all the negative things she's been experiencing or to get praise from him, he was merely there to support his neice. 

"Sorry... I don't know why I do that. I feel like a freak when it comes up on me so suddenly."

"Ari, you have been hurt. Your mind is slowly trying to recover from it."

"Why does it have to be so painful?" She frowned. "I can't stand being touched, I want to interact with people again but-"

"Ari. You are doing such a great job at letting yourself heal. You have to realize that. Look at what you've already done? You enrolled, you made a male friend, you're talking and including yourself in activities with them. I'm so proud of you."

"I just wish...the thoughts, the memories would stop."

"They will one day be so clouded in your achievements that you wont be able to see them anymore." He told her truthfully. Ari nodded and finished her breakfast before they left the diner and walked with her Uncle back to UA. after they left it was around midday, the sky was a brilliant blue and the clouds looked like they hung low in pure white patches. The sun shined nicely, a glorious glow over everything. 

"You ready to go back in, kiddo?" He asked as they reached the gate. She looked at her surroundings and All Might knew that behavior. "You spaced out?"

"No, I think I was just enjoying the scenery this time." She smiled up at him. 

"Yes, its nice out." He looked around. "It should be a nice night too."

"I'll see you later, Uncle Toshi." She hugged him. 

"Have a good day." He waved goodbye to her. 

Ari walked up the steps and through the doors to see the class relaxing after a hard week. Shoto came up to her and smiled, "How are you, Ari?" He asked. 

"Good, you?"

"I'm good. I was looking for you this morning, Kirishima said that you had breakfst with your father. I would've loved to meet him."

"I'm so sorry, Shoto. My Dad is a very private person. I would have to ask if he approves."

"Oh," He looked a bit surprised. "Understandable."

Ejiro approachedf the two and looked at Ari, "Hey, I have a few questions about the book we are reading for english. Is now a good time?" He asked. Ari nodded and excused herself from Shoto. The two of them sat at the counter where they wouldn't be disturbed. 

"What questions do you have?" She asked. 

"I'm failing to understand the symbolism of the the tree assignment in her art class."

"Well, We already know that the main character has gone through some sort of trauma." She started. "If you could guess, what do you think it means?" She asked. 

"Well, I guess a tree in general would mean growth right?" He asked. 

"Yes." She smiled. "The tree represents life and growth, its supposed to be her. The tree is supposed to portray her growing past what she's experienced." 

"What did she even experience? they never explained that in the book."

"Keep reading." She nodded. "It sounds like you understand the book pretty well. Do you doubt yourself?" She asked him. He blushed and he scratched his neck.

"Maybe." 

"What other questions do you have?"

"She has this...person, she calls IT. Whats that about?"

"Think about it, if you were hurt deeply in some way...would you aknowledge the existance of the person who did it to you?"

"ohhh! IT is the...person who inflicted..." The wires seemed to connect in his mind. "Wow, so she has to see this person everyday at school?"

Ari nodded, smiling at the face he made when he had the epiphany. "You're doing a good job at figuring it all out." She rested her chin on her hand. Kirishima smiled big, his sharp teeth shining.

"Thanks. I feel smart around you." He said. Ari giggled and shook her head. 

"You are smart, Ejiro." She encouraged. 

"What about the Janitor's Closet? Is there anything behind that?"

"What do you think?" She asked back. 

"...I think, that whatever she's going through is taking a toll on her mind and seeing IT everyday is pissing her off. So this place is a place of refuge."

"Exactly." She smiled proudly at him. "