Broken.

Kirishima locked eyes with her and took her hand firmly in his, "Was it because of what happened to you?" He asked. Ari paused, it suddenly hit her that what she would say would turn the case into a completely different direction, "No."

KIrishima sighed with disappointment. It would indeed be harder to prove to the judge that she wasn't crazy now. He knew that she wasn't but Isaiah and the rest of Tokyo wouldn't see her that way. It was a sad but true fate that this would be the outcome of everything was put to light. He shook his head, he was stressed out from it all. Everything seemed to be a giant spiders web that got bigger and more complicated in pattern. 

"Can you tell me why you were there, Pebble?" he asked. 

She took a moment to respond, collecting her thoughts and pushing down her emotions to talk to him, "I was sad that I was never loved by my mother." She confessed. He silenced and kept listening. "I know I never met her but...the absence of someone not being there was still something I couldn't comprehend at the time and I..." She looked down and lifted her shirt to reveal two long scars that slashed across her ribs. "It's funny, my first thoughts when being admitted was...I'm a failure at even killing myself." Kirishima placed a loving hand on her ribs where the scars lay. She had gone through far too much and he wanted...needed to end this for her. 

Her suffering would end if he had anything to do with it. Ari looked at him with her shiny odd eyes, "Do you think I am crazy?" She asked him, honesty purifying her voice. His protective fury fizzled away and he focused back on her, "No, Ari." He said lovingly. "I don't think you're crazy." He brought her into his arms and he laid back on the couch with her cheek upon his chest. "You have never been crazy, you are just broken."

His sweet words made her pout out some tears, how sweeter could he get? Was this boy even real? Was he just a figment of what she wanted in a boyfriend? she clutched his chest, in case the figment vanished. If he wasn't real, she didn't want to wake up. 

"Broken?" She asked. 

"Yes, sometimes life is harder on some more than others and we break. We all break differently but...there's always a way to heal, even if we don't see  it." He rubbed her back in circles. "You are not crazy, Ari. You have handled your brokenness the only way you knew how." He kissed the top of her head and shifted on the couch to get a little more comfortable. "Were you afraid that I wouldn't love you anymore?"

"...Yeah." She chuckled. 

"How silly."

 Ari felt the rumble of laughter from his chest as he said that. She closed her eyes and soaked in his warmth. "I love you, Eji."

"I love you too Ari."

She sank into his frame and let her body relax and eventually both of them fell asleep. It s was surprising how exhausting they both were from the whole ordeal. Mr Aizawa came to the dormitories to retrieve Kirishima but spotted them both on the couch fast asleep. He rolled his eyes, forcing down an admiring smile, he would never admit it out loud but he was proud of Kirishima for being such a gentleman. He shook his head and quietly left the common area and headed back to class. Later on, after school was finished for the day, Aizawa picked up his things and headed to the coffee shop that Iro would meet him at. 

He walked down the street, crossing it when he had the location in sight. Once he reached the shop he could see her sitting down in a booth, holding something in her hands. He tilted his head slightly, wondering what it was. He opened the doors and walked in, Iro looked up at him and her face lit up. 

"I'm so glad you came." She stood up and hugged him. 

"I told you that I would." He hugged her back, kissing her cheek before they sat down across from each other. She pulled out the folder that she had copied from the file her boss gave her, "This is what he gave me today."

"You are one sneaky little fox, how did you even get away with this?"

"We have a shared copier but not shared printers, I was able to re write everything and print it out so we could have one in our hands." She pointed to the section on the paper that she had referred to earlier, "She was admitted when she was fourteen into the Tokyo City Psych Ward on May 23rd. Do we know if this was linked to the incident?" She asked. 

"Kirishima is working on it but I don't think so, Iv'e heard that the incident happened a few months ago." He scanned the document. "No, this isn't linked."

"So, she had been there for a separate reason?" She shook her head. "She has a history of mental illness now, the fact that Isaiah said that she fabricated it because she's crazy could hold up in court." She didn't even like saying it, she knew that Ari wasn't crazy. 

"Have you found anything from the phone number that leaked the photo?"

"Not a thing. Not yet, that is my priority tonight. I tried hacking into the number to get some sort of lead but I'm going to have to dig even deeper with it."

"Does it say what she was admitted for?"

"Suicide attempt." She looked over the file. "She only stayed a couple of days and then Raiotto hired a private therapist for that year."

Shota held his face in frustration, one girl shouldn't handle this much hurt and fear. He was amazed that Ari was still alive. Iro took his hand, "We will get to the bottom of this."

"I'm determined." 

"So am I." Iro agreed.