He has his ways.

Ari walked the halls to her English class, she spent the whole day avoiding the red head. It was exhausting to keep away from seeing him, his personality made it hard to ignore...what a day! She sighed, feeling a bit of peace when she stepped into her classroom, she had a few minutes to relax before the exuberantly rambunctious Kirishima came marching in. 

It was odd that he acted like nothing had happened, what was he up to? She tightly shut her eyes, clearing away all thoughts of him before, "Good Morning, Present Mic." His voice penetrated the very tranquility of her mind, good God. She rolled her eyes as she watched him exchange pleasantries with the teacher before he sat down in the desk beside her. It was bad enough he sat in front of her in home room...did the faculty design the seating just to torture her?

"Whats up, Ari." He looked over at her with his sharp and shiny smile. She glanced at him and gave him a nod, "Whats up." She quietly replied.

"Mina, Jiro and I are going to out to dinner tonight if you want to come. Wouldn't be fun without you." He enticed. 

Arinna forced down a flattered smile and looked up at him, "I already have plans for dinner, thanks."

"Oh, okay. Maybe next time." He gave her a weak smile, showing his slight disappointment. She focused back onto the teacher as the class began. Kirishima watched her as she took notes like a genius through the lesson. Home schooled girls must be smart as a whip. Everyone was assigned a book and luckily for Ari, she had already read it during her time being homeschooled. She raised her hand, "Present Mic?"

"Yes, I know. You've read this already. Write a report on it anyways and then you can choose a book you like to read for credit." He resolved.

"Okay." She took out her notebook and started writing down the report, not missing a beat. Kirishima gawked at her fast working, she was a machine. The rest of the class had time to read the first three chapters while Ari finished up the report. She stood up and handed the papers to Mic. He received it, looking pleased.

"Fantastic, Ari. Take the hall pass and go to the library to choose your book."

"Okay." She gratefully took the hall pass and left the classroom, the rest of the students staring after her. Even Kirishima was amazed, maybe he could pick her brain at some point.

She walked the halls and was surprised to feel some one come up to her from behind, picking her up. "Uncle Toshi!" She giggled.

"Hey there, little Ari." He put her down. She turned around to give her uncle a playful punch in the arm. All Might just laughed, her little blow didn't hurt at all. "What are you up to? Aren't you supposed to be in class?" He asked. 

"Mic told me to get a new book from the library since I've read the one that the class is currently reading."

"Home school genius wins getting out of school work again I see."  He joked. "You know, you could tutor some of your classmates, since you know the story." He told her. Ari thought about it, was she really smart enough to do something like that?

"I just might."

"How were you when I left last night?" He asked, walking with her to the library. She thought back to the way she treated Ejiro and the seeping guilt that followed made her frown. "I was fine."

"So, those claw marks that Aizawa told me about aren't yours?" He asked.

"How did he know about that?" She asked a little alarmed. All Might shrugged. "He has his ways, he didn't tell me how he knew."

"It's nothing." She said defensively. "It's done and over with...I don't want to talk about it." She looked up at her uncle. All Might always knew when something was up with his niece, she couldn't hide from him but he knew that she would come to him when she was ready.

"Is it about-" Ari flashed a look at him, daring him not to say another word.

"No." She simply said. "This isn't about Isaiah." His very name felt metallic and disgusting upon her tongue.

"Okay. Sorry I tried to ask."

Ari's shoulders dropped, her uncles tone made her feel bad about the whole thing. She placed her face on his chest in frustration, what was she to do?

"I'm sorry, Uncle Toshi. It's all just a lot right now."

He chuckled at her behavior and patted her head, "Everything will be okay."

"You say that and then everything gets worse." She replied.

"How did it get worse?" He questioned her, hoping to get somewhere. She looked at him, eyes narrowed at his trickery.

"Nice try." She gave his ribs a good poke, earning a yelp before walking beside him again.

"This is my stop, Little Ari. Have fun in the library." He told her as he opened the door into the copier room. She waved him goodbye and found her way to the library to pick out the book she had her heart set on reading. Once she had checked it out and returned to the class, the students were all in an uproar about the beginning chapters of the book they were reading.

"So, any idea on why the main character called the police?" Mic asked.

"Because she's a snitch and a party pooper." Mineta spoke up. "Why ruin a good party?"

"Maybe she was drugged and she wanted to leave." Mina chimed in.

"What I want to know is why she is so hung up on that night, what happened to her to make her feel so depressed." Kirishima replied.

"Keep reading and you'll know." Ari answered. "There's a reason."

"Arinna, can you tell me what the character might be going through mentally right now?" Mic asked her. She sighed, she didn't expect to be the center of attention when she returned to class. "She's experiencing depression, the way the author writes the story should make the reader feel the emotions she is feeling or the lack there of in order to understand the event that took place in the beginning. The writing sparks the readers empathy, feeling the characters' drained and emotionless trudge through high school."

"Amazing answer. That's correct."