• The Night •

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

This chapter contains 1497 words.. which is the longest I have written so far..

Ahm... I.. Ah... Just a little ⚠️ though for few parts... but nevertheless.. ahm.. I wrote this with all my heart.

Please.. enjoy.
*Sigh*

~
"What the heck was that, Kita?! We both agree on giving them decent explanation... and not to further excavate deeper hatred into the issue.." Aran scolded the engineer as soon as they set out from the Kita's car in the parking lot of the condominium

The cold breeze of the night make Aran hug his arms and rub to create friction and heat within his suit. He looked at Kita who seems to be unbothered by anything at all.

Aran frowned.

"Kita..." he called out.

The white haired didn't look back so Aran just quickly strode his way beside him.

The engineer just continued walking to the elevator, unaffected by the continuous nagging by his ex-boyfriend.

He entered the lift without waiting for the other, but Aran quickly slided his arms between the elevator's door and get himself in, sending glares to Kita.

"Why... aren't you even saying anything?! I need your explanation.. I need to know your motive and find a way to-" Aran continued uttering his thoughts on what just conspired that day but eventually stopped....

No.. He was stopped by a certain glare from the engineer.

"There is no way to save a bastard like me, Aran.. You know that from the very beginning." the small engineer scoffed as he stare at the blinking lights from the elevator's floor numbers.

Aran is worried about his best friend... about his future...

"There's got to be something... I believe there is... Not to mention that you are known as-" Aran contemplated as his gaze never leave his best friend.

"Shit... I am nothing but a disappointment in the industry I belong, in the society... Disgusting, isn't it? Why do you still care, Aran?" Kita asked calmly as if he's just asking about the weather today....

He is so fucking calm, Aran thought.

"I... I care... because I am your-" the taller to tried to explain his side, his feelings...

"That's a long time ago... But anyways.. Thanks for accompanying me today.. I appreciate that." Kita replied smiling...

A big wide smile which makes Aran remember how they used to play and Kita make that grin everytime the smaller wins a game..

But, he'll never win in the battle he'd facing right now... Aran knew.

The lift dings open and both men went out walking in the quiet hall of the building.

It was an awful and dreadful silence.

There seems to be a cold, freezing wall between the two, but Kita smiled at Aran as he stepped in front of his condominium door.

"Thank you, Aran... I'll see you around." Kita said opening his door showing a smile painted on his face.

"Hmm.. Yeah.. Hopefully next time, I won't be involved in your antics like this... I don't regret accompanying you, I just don't like the idea of trouble you know that..." Aran admitted with a little smile himself