6.

My fingers lightly brushed the cup in front of me, the pub was empty except that the bartender from yesterday was here cleaning some cups with a cloth. No loud music or flashing neon lights tonight," Ched", I called out not raising my head from the counter.

"It's Thieram", he chuckled," my name is Thieram", he added as if I didn't understand the first part. I blew my blue hair strand on my face blocking my view.

"Where are the owners of this pub?", I gathered the courage to ask, it was hard talking to folks especially since I was locked up in that stupid basement for seven years straight.

" you mean boss Silco?", he side-eyed me not talking his eyes away from the cup.

"Nooooo the past owners", I explained dragging the 'no' part.

He shrugged," you mean Vander?".

I quickly raised my head from the counter jumping forward a little being impatient to hear the answer, "yes, yes, where is he? And his kids?".

" Why do you wanna know, toots?", a voice beside me asked, my eyes darted to the person sitting beside me, Jinx, shit I didn't even notice her. She said it in a childish voice. I will never get used to her mood swings.

"That's none of your goddamn business", I spat grabbing my cup and chugging the burning liquid down.

She let out a quiet chuckle hit the counter once, her index finger lifted gesturing to Ched that she wanted a drink.

Ched quickly grabbed a cup and poured her something," aren't you too young to drink?", I asked hating the silence.

She spared me a glance, her brow raised," aren't you?".

"It's Zaun, girly", I smiled to myself holding my eyes on the cup. She huffed.

" well, then my answer is the same", she giggled wiggling in her chair, seriously does she ever sit calmly?

"So since we're all answering questions currently, Ched", I smiled at him softly when he looked up at me," where's Vander?".

Jinx giggled, pushing her chair closer to mine and making her body face me," his name is Chuck", she pointed her index finger to him lazily," and... Vander.... he's dead", she said casually, whirling her straw.

Questions ran inside my head as a pang hit in my chest, what might have happened to him, does Silco have anything to do with it. There's no doubt that he has, he owns this place after all.

I frowned," w-what happened to his kids?", I hesitantly asked each word getting quieter as I spoke afraid to hear the answer.

She hummed shifting her gaze to the ceiling, swinging her head side to side softly," the same", she yawned after answering.

The words were taken out of my mouth just like my breath, I couldn't believe it, so many emotions ran through my head, fear, confusion, grief, sorrow, anger.

The way Jinx says it so casually makes my blood boil, did she do this? Of all the emotions I felt, anger dominated as I jumped from my seat yanking Jinx from her spot and throwing her harshly against the corner. I walked to her grabbing her neck with one of my hands and pinning her against the counter.

She tried to push me away, wiggling and doing anything to get me off of her. Jinx was strong
And Im almost sure if I wasnt furious right now she would definitely beat my guts.

My spare hand grabbed one of my new iron blades pushing it against her abdomen, lightly touching her skin. My thigh in between hers keeping her in place.

Ched backed away not knowing what to do, I didn't loosen my grip on Jinx's neck gripping her even tighter now and starting right into her eyes that were filled with rage, but not fear.