16. Happy progress day!

Y/Ns pov

"Hey, toots, how'd your job go?", Jinx spared me a glance as she threw the bag from her back onto her work table, plopping herself onto the backless chair. I sat cross-legged onto the barrel I usually sit, my face dull, but inside I was burning to ask her what the fuck was she doing in Piltover blowing up a fucking building.

But I managed to keep myself from asking her, hoping she wouldn't notice the tiny bandage on my forehead holding the deep cut together. When I saved the Kiramman girl I banged my head well into the ground, I came back bleeding.

" it was great", I spoke quietly not bothering to make a conversation. She hummed in response or so I thought," why are you lying?", she turned around making my heart drop to my stomach, thinking of all the things that could spoil her that I lied, if she saw me saving that Kiramman girl she'd probably kick me off of this wooden barrel in a second.

Her eyes narrowed and squinted as her brows rose, examining me carefully," you hit your head?", she lazily pointed at the bandage on my forehead.

"Ugh... Yeah, I tripped", I touched the place where the bandage was, slapping myself mentally for the stupid answer. This is Jinx I'm talking with she's not stupid.

" you tripped?", she scoffed slamming her hands on the table, a couple of metal butterflies that she just took out of the bag slightly flew up and fell back down.

"That's what I said", I gave her a stupid ass smile wishing for her to just let it go and get back to her work, but to my disappointment, she stood up and walked to me slowly. Her manicured hand cupped my cheeks harshly as she brought her face inches from mine," don't lie, doll", I felt butterflies in my stomach as she called me that, it was new and it made me excited. I shook the thought away, not time to think about that.

"I'm n-not lying", I chuckled nervously my voice trembled unnoticeably. For a moment she searched my eyes and then to my surprise she let my cheeks go and sauntered to her bag, pulling something out from it and placing it behind her back, stepping back to me.

" Close your eyes, toots" her happiness grew as a smile tugged on her lips making me feel confused and a little terrified of what she was going to do to me now, maybe push me off of the barrel?

"Ugh, why?", I held my hands forward stopping her from going any closer.

She huffed in annoyance," you'll see, close your eyes I won't repeat myself, doll" her eyes rolled back.

I hesitantly closed my eyes and felt her lips connect with mine, one of her hands gripping my waist, bringing me closer to her. When I felt the other hand of hers move, doubt filled my head, what if she kills me right now? She wouldn't do that.

A sharp yelp left my lips when what felt like a needle pierced my skin, the familiar burning pain rushed through my veins and I threw myself into Jinx's embrace who held me tightly and brushed my hair softly trying to calm me down.

"W-why?", I cried out barely keeping my eyes open from the severe pain, this time it hurt so much worse than last time.

I inhaled heavily each time trying to ease the pain and get some air inside my lungs," this way you'll love me more", Jinx didn't bother to lie with a tiny smile on her face as she kept brushing my hair back and holding me.

"You're fucking insane", was the last thing I said before darkness took ever my vision and I passed out in her embrace.

---------------------

Jinxs pov.

" you're fucking insane", Y/Ns words ran through my mind nonstop, even though I had music blasting as loud as I could, working on the next project to make Silco proud, I couldn't stop thinking about her words.