8. Tattoo

Hello❤, a quick note from the author.
I wanted to thank y'all for motivating me to keep writing this story<33this is my first fanfic in a while and English is not my first language so please forgive me for my grammar mistakes, Im trying to improve daily so bear with me<33 I hope I will keep improving the storyline too and that y'all love it as much as I do! And if you haven't noticed yet I changed the main character to Y/N.

Special thanks to shikashikishiku for helping me improve on my English, and abloodythorn for amazing tattoo ideas!❤

"Shit", I cursed under my breath as the tattoo gun marked my skin, the sharp needles poked my skin over and over again. It wasn't only hard to stay in one place but uncomfortable too. Jinx's sat on my lap as her palm was directly on my half-covered boob lifting it slightly, making me shiver, and I would be lying if I said I wasn't flushing red right now. It looked like our position didn't affect her a bit.

I could tell from Jinx's face that she was getting pissed by my movements which made it harder for her to tattoo and make the lines straight," stop moving or it won't look good".

"It's not that easy", I spat out through pain shifting from my position on her sofa a tiny bit, the place where she was tattooing burned like freaking hell. When I wished for a tattoo I certainly didn't expect it to hurt this bad and once I told Jinx to stop she flipped me off not even sparing me a glance.

" just try to think about something else", one of her hands softly shifted just beneath my breast and the other holding the tattoo gun. One thing I figured out while trying to distract myself was that she uses her left hand meaning she's left-handed. I still didn't know what tattoo design was she giving me, hopefully, it's not something stupid.

I wonder how she got her tattoos, did she do them herself? Wouldn't it be hard to reach all the way to her back? My eyes moved at their own and peered at Jinx's face. She looked so peaceful while her eyes focused on my skin beneath the tattoo gun, her teeth gripping her bottom lip. That I even began to wonder if I ever saw her being so still, forgetting the burning pain.

"You never told me where your parents at? What happened to 'em?", she question yanking me out of my thoughts, probably trying to distract me from pain.

Debating for a few seconds if I should tell her or not, I finally spoke, "my dad left when I was a baby and my mom left me when I was seven", mentally slapping myself because my voice came out as a mumble.

Jinx hummed in response," what a-" I took a deep breath in," -about Silco?".

Just like me, she stayed silent for a moment, I was entirely sure she wasn't breathing at this point, her tensed shoulders made me realize that maybe it was not a good idea to ask.

" what do you wanna know, sweet cheeks?", she answers finally with a silly smile on her face. I'm getting used to her changing her mood so quickly.

"Ugh... When did he take you in?" My voice came out shaky and my hand extended to grab her hand when she moved the gun harshly, "ouch" I frowned, finally getting her attention to my face.

"Not long after you disappeared", she continued to tattoo my rib again. Guilt washed over me, if I had been there for her, would Jinx still have her sister by her side? Would she be happier?

'Of course, she would, it's all your fault.'

" I'm sorry", was everything I whispered before dead silence took over us, only the tattoo machine buzzing in our ears. I couldn't stop thinking about what Jinx must have gone through, the idea of Jinx losing Vi is worse enough.

My fingers softly trailed the tattoo that Jinx finished just a few seconds ago. A lightning bolt tattoo rested on the right of my rib going down until it reached my hip brought a smile to my face and the tiny blue clouds in it reminded me of Jinx making me smile like a crazy freak that I probably was.

"You like it, toots?", her head peeked from behind my shoulder looking at the tattoo through the mirror reflection, a proud smile on her face.

" Are you shitting me? It's perfect!", my voice cracked at the end making me giggle slightly," damn it looks so good, where did you learn to draw like that?".

She shrugged," I mostly draw guns, this was something new", Jinx admitted not exactly answering my question. Sauntering to her work desk she sat on the backless metal chair, with a quick head jerk to the side she motioned for me to come over which I did instantly after rolling down my top.

I hissed in pain as the fabric brushed against my tattoed skin," I should probably get back to Sevika, she will be pissed if I don't" I sighed.

The crazy girl in front of me rolled her eyes spinning around with her chair and grabbing one of the blueprints, was she mad at me?" What's up with you and Sevika anyway? Y'all seem close", she exaggerated Sevikas name, the way she said the last sentence almost made it seem like she was jealous. I wouldn't blame her though, every time I spent time with her and Ekko back in the old days I was burning with jealousy too and me disappearing for seven years, and then coming back with Sevika by my side made me understand why she would be envious.

"She's the only soul I saw the whole seven years apart from Silco and his men," I explained as an excuse, I won't go into details that would likely make Jinx mad.

When Jinx didn't bother to respond tracing her next gadget on the blueprint, a wave of sadness washed over me, with a sigh I drowned it hoping that it will just go away on its own," thanks for the tattoo," my feet carried me to sit on the barrel next to her, hopping on it and crossing my legs I hoped I wouldn't die by falling off this thing.

When Jinx just nodded lazily irritation pricked at me," where's Ekko?" I didn't even hide my bitterness.

"He's with the firelights now" she answered moving with her chair to look at other blueprints.

"What's that?" Seriously so much happened while I was gone.

" Just some wannabe street trashes, really" she faced me, her wide eyes staring into nothing, making me seriously doubt her sanity.

"Apparently they are trying to destroy Silcos business".

" Alright...?" It felt like confusion and disbelief made a fucking soup in my head, "how's he?", perhaps I hated him for liking Powder but he was my friend nevertheless.

" I don't know! why are you even asking me that?!" Jinx raised her voice," I don't see him anymore, and even if I do all I wanna do is blow his head off", her last words were quieter but still held anger as she frowned hard moving her gaze to the ground," things changed when you left, we both changed".

My heart broke at her words, they used to be best friends, she always was so happy by his side, maybe even happier than when she was with me. Locked in my room, in that stupid cold basement, the only thought that helped me sleep at night was that Powder had Ekko, turns out she didn't.

'It's your fault, you should have done more to stay, now Powder is hurting.'

I ignored my thoughts staying silent, not knowing what to say, should I just say I'm sorry again? That wouldn't help or make her any happier.