9. Wanna fight? ⚠

slight smut

"You have to be fucking kidding me!" I groaned into the tiny pillow which laid on Silcos office sofa. Just twenty minutes ago Sevika left me in here after getting a quick call from Silcos men, apparently, the firelights that Jinx told me about tried to destroy some Shimmer in the factory. That's freaking stupid why would Ekko want to ruin something that helps Zaun's folks to escape from this shitty reality?

I have hated Enforcers and topsiders my whole life, always thinking they were better than me and that I was below them which I was, but once I grew older I realized that it doesn't have to be that way because maybe, just maybe one day I could show them what it's really like to be me. And now... From what I heard from Jinx, Ekko is going to stand in my way.

" What happened?" Silco stepped into his office with Sevika beside him who looked so pissed that I seriously started to doubt if I saw her like that.

"They almost got in this time", Sevika slammed the door shut behind her, my body jerking from the vibrations of the slam which resulted in sofas fabric touching my tattoo, a dull ache formed onto my skin.

" The firelights are getting closer to the factory each day, it's just a matter of time when they get in and destroy most of the Shimmer", Sevika yanked my legs off of the sofa and plopped herself onto it. I huffed sitting down cross-legged and silently listening to their conversation.

"We have more Shimmer factories besides this one, I'm sure we will handle it" Silco sat down on his huge chair, his calmness always amazed me even though I have seen him irritated, furious, and even happy on some days. I crashed my eyebrows.

"So you'll just let them break-in? That's it? You will do nothing about it?!" I raised my voice, disbelief all over my face as my hands lifted into the air dramatically.

"Calm your ass down, kid", Sevika gripped my hand careful not to hurt me, she gave me warning eyes, and I just sat back calmly.

" fine, I'll ask Jinx what she can do about it", His hand reached into the drawer of his old wooden desk pulling out white papers. Jinx? What does she even have to do with this?

"What about me? I can help", these few days I haven't done much, I haven't seen Jinx either after she gave me the tattoo. I wasn't sure if she was still mad at me for asking about Ekko or maybe she's just busy, right?

'She's not busy, she hates you because you left her, just like your mother left you.'

" shut up" I whispered not holding back this time.

"What?", Sevika reached a metal cup on the table in front of us glancing at me, her eyebrows rose," you want to protect the factory? you can't even protect yourself!" She chuckled.

My lips went flat, a wave of fury went through me," I can fight" I gritted out. My nails dug into my skin and I cringed at the pain.

"Leave. It. Shimmer. Jinx will handle it" Silco ordered me. Is that so? Does he think Jinx is better than me? I didn't know what to feel, anger? Jealousy? Hate? I knew what I felt was wrong, hating the person that I care so much about was wrong, but I simply couldn't get rid of this stupid feeling. It was so unfair, how I was left to rot in that cold room, everyday training and getting beaten up and all that just to be below someone. To be below Jinx.

"I thought you said I'll work for you once I grow older", I didn't dare to look at him, not because I was scared but because I didn't want him to see my watery eyes. I was hurt. It hurt. Why can't anyone treat me like I'm useful?