36. Choose one

Y/Ns pov

My limbs were sore and it hurt to walk, my hands were supporting me by leaning onto everything that was the nearest. I felt weak as if I was about to pass out any minute now. Viktor told me that for the first few times I'll feel weak and everything will be painful. He wasnt lying. Regret twisted in my stomach as I stepped into Jinx's room through the window, it was the closest option.

I left the doctor's office a while ago, it took me hours to get back to Jinxs house, the rain didn't help either. I was soaking wet, the water dripped from me onto the floor as I limped to the bed, pulling my clothes off along the way.

Jinx's arms swung around me as soon as I laid down forcing me to flinch a little, I held in a hiss of pain, from her limbs on me. Everything in my body was sensitive.

I couldn't fall asleep, my thoughts were all over the place, me drowning, and being on that metal table haunted me right now more than ever. My eyes fell on Jinx's face. She looked so peaceful and innocent, her mouth was open slightly as she snored like always.

My finger found its way to her bangs, brushing them away gently, carefully not to wake her up. Jinx was the prettiest human being in my eyes. She was perfect in every way and I knew she belonged with me. She was mine, and when I get rid of Ekko, no one will stand in our way.

"Where were you?", Jinx yawned with eyes closed, snuggling into the pillow harder and moving closer to me, her hand took mine gently and her lips left a tiny kiss on my knuckles.

As much as I hated lying to her, I couldn't bring myself to tell her the truth," just walking around the city,", cursed at myself mentally for my horrible attempt to lie.

She hummed with a low chuckle, "ya know it's a bad thing to lie, toots", her eyes finally opened, looking up at me. We both stared at each other, I stayed silent hoping she will just let it go.

Her eyebrow rose, clearly waiting for my answer. I scoffed out from annoyance," fine, I was in the doctor's office", I yanked my hand out of her grip making her frown hard and huff out. She had that look of betrayal in her eyes forcing a harsh thud in my chest.

"You were with that stupid imbecile, weren't you?", Jinx spat out, her voice full of disgust. I was so tired that I didn't bother to reply and turned away from her.

She gripped my forearm harshly and I couldn't stop myself from letting out a hiss of pain when she turned me around. I tried to shove her away with my whole strength and yank my hands out of her grip as she sat onto my thighs.

" let me go", my teeth gritted and I shuffled around to get out from under her, but she didn't even budge.

"Calm down", Jinx ordered me, her face flushed with confusion at my actions, but it quickly changed back to being cold," I don't want you going there ever again, do you understand?".

When I didn't answer she grabbed my cheeks harshly," do you understand?", her voice was full of anger and uncertainty, her bottom lip in between her teeth, panting hard.

I nod barely noticeably and after making sure I wasn't lying she let go. This time she didn't see it.

I was lying.

---------------
Vi's pov.

"How long have you been working for them?!", I slammed my palms onto the table. The enforcer in front of me flinched at my sudden action. This was bad.

Just a moment ago he came in, confessing that he was working for people in the undercity," j-just a week", the enforcer stuttered, not daring to look me in the eyes.

Before I could grab him and do god knows what, Caitlyn's tight grip on my shoulder stopped me," calm down Vi, we can turn it into our benefit", I swung my head to her, confused.

She let go of my shoulder stepping closer to the enforcer," Silco is dead, I saw it with my own eyes, who is ordering you?".

I scoffed at the way she always does the talking, for him to speak we should throw a couple of punches here and there. That would be more effective.

"It-s... I- her name is Y/N, I think but i-it wasn't my choice. She made me do it!", he spat out, gesturing his hands aggressively.

My eyes widened at the well-known name, I couldn't believe it. How did she even- why? The Y/N I knew was named Gwen, and that child was innocent and sweet, she liked flowers and trees, Gwen I knew wouldn't even hurt a fly.

" This is bad", Jayce brought his palms up to his face, rubbing it in frustration and hissing when scratches on his skin burned. I was still wondering how he survived the explosion. In fact, how did half of his colleagues survive it?

"They have a new leader, we have to take her out", Jayce banged his fist onto his lap, his tiny eyes flashed with rage as he stood up.

My brow rose at him," and how will you do that?", I crossed my arms on my chest. I kept it cool, but inside I was smoking with worry that it will somehow touch Powder.

Caitlyn and I stared at Jayce waiting for his answer but he just stayed silent watching the ground," we could set her a trap?", Caitlyn glanced at us and the enforcer, her mouth corners twisted as she tried to think of a plan.

I plopped onto the nearest chair, rubbing my own face with my palms now, I couldn't stop worrying, it made me sick. Powder changed, but she still was my sister.

Caitlyn's head shot up as an idea came into her mind," you could lead her to us!", I jumped at her sudden loud voice. My eyes darted at the enforcer she was pointing at.

"What?! And what will you do with her when you catch her?", my hands flew in the air.

Caitlyn looked at me with a shoulder shrug," we will put her into the still water prison", her voice was unbelievably calm.

My mouth gaped at her words, that prison was my worst nightmare, no sunlight there, always starving and bloody on the floor. They beat you up daily, "That's insane, we all know that Jinx is going to go after her", I didn't try the fact that I still cared for my sister. I couldn't let anything bad happen to her.

Caitlyn stepped closer to me, her fingers stroked my arm to calm me down I guess," it's Piltovers safety or your sister, Vi, you only can choose one.", I felt a stab of sadness into my chest, how could I choose, Powder was my sister and for her, I'd sacrifice any city, Zaun or Piltover.

I stayed silent and Caitlyn nodded," we have to figure out a plan how to get her into the trap".