42. Betrayal❗

TW: sh

Y/Ns pov.

I shut my eyes tightly, wishing the whispers that stabbed into my head just disappeared as I pressed my head hard into my knees that were curled into my chest. The warm water surrounded me while I sat in the bathtub.

Tears escaped my eyes," please stop", I knew they wouldn't stop even if I said so. I couldn't stop them, I tried everything, the sharp iron scissors in my hands as I cut the skin of my thigh didn't help either.

My lips pursed as I cut deeper, forcing the red liquid to run down and drip into the clear water, my hands shaking at the tiny sense of pain. The wound healed quickly as the elixir in my veins began working.

"You deserve it", Silcos voice was louder among the whispers, his words cut deep through my heart.

I shook my head from side to side, denying his painful words," no", I barely let out, my voice trembled as I tossed the scissors with my blood on them onto the ground, placing my head back against my knees and hugging them tightly.

"Toots, hurry up", Jinx whines from behind the door, knocking on it aggressively and startling me.

She was pissed at me when I told her that I wanted to shower by myself, saying that she didn't want to leave me alone and that she was worried.

The voices suddenly stopped, letting me focus only on her loud voice and relax a bit," I-I'm almost done!", I yelled trying to hide the trembling in my voice as I lifted myself up and stepped out of the bath. Picking up the scissors after I tiptoed through the cold floor.

I pulled my pants up that ended just under my knees and threw on a black top, it was hot today since it was in the middle of the summer. The air is usually thicker in Zaun while it's hot, my head was dizzy but I managed to not fall down.

My hands swung the door open forcing Jinx who was leaning onto them to fall on my figure and I stumbled back as I caught her by her torso. She let out a couple of 'oops' and giggled loudly making me smile," someone's in a good mood today", I helped her to stand onto her feet and backed away, ruffling her blue hair with a tiny smile on my face.

Jinx grabbed my hand that was in her hair and locked her fingers with mine," of course, you're back and...", she trailed nervously," today I'm visiting the topside".

My brows crashed together in confusion as I stared at the tiny grin on her face, she was excited," what are you going to do there?".

We both sat onto the soft mattress," have fun?", Jinx shrugged batting her eyelashes at me innocently.

I thought about it for a second and nodded," alright, I guess I'll see you later" before I could stand up she grabbed my arms, her eyes wide and glossy.

"You're not coming with me?", Jinxs voice trembled almost unnoticeably as she looked down.

I shook my head," I-I'm in no mood for that, love", my shoulders shrugged. I wasn't in the mood to blow shit up or create panic in the topside like she was. I felt numb and exhausted mentally.

Jinx swung her head up as she frowned hard as if I just stabbed her in the back, but she didn't say anything, only nodded and reached for the back of my neck, pulling me in into a passionate kiss.

Our lips devoured each other, she pushed me back onto the mattress and straddled my lap, bucking against my thigh for more friction as her hands roamed around my heated body," Jinx, not right now", I pulled away, pushing her back gently.

"Fine", she spat out, jumping away from me and without a word, she left.

________

My eyes gazed at the big city in front of me as the orange sun was going down and the rays shone in between the buildings. I inhaled a deep breath of fresh air, the warm breeze made the strands of my hair fly gently.

" Can I?", Sevika nodded her head at the empty space beside me, not startling me since I heard her coming in through the roof door.

I nodded softly watching as my legs dangled off the edge of this old building I and Powder used to sit on and chat about the most random shit ever.

Sevika plopped beside me, taking the lid off of a beer bottle with her teeth and offering it to me.
I gladly took the bottle and swung it up, chugging a big amount of the liquid," you okay?", she questioned, reaching for another bottle for herself.

I let out a shaky breath I didn't know I was holding and glanced over at her," I d-don't know", my shoulders shrugged uncomfortably as I placed the beer bottle beside me.

"You look like shit", she chuckled chugging her beer and wiping the small drops of it that ran down her chin with her knuckles.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes at her remark," whatever".

"You know, you're not fooling anyone", Sevika paused, sipping on her beer, "especially not me", she hit her chest in gesture with a chuckle.

" I wasn't tr-", I paused letting out an irritated sigh and pinching the skin of my nose bridge, "I-I don't know what I feel anymore", I blurted out. I trusted her, she was like an aunt to me anyhow.

Sevika watched the city in front of us not really sure what to say, but eventually, she spoke," you don't have to know, kid", she looked at me, "life is strange and fucked up, don't take it too seriously".

I chuckled at her words. She used to tell me the same shit when I was locked up in that cold room in the basement," what you should take seriously is your lunatic girlfriend seeing that firelight brat daily while you were locked up", she gestured her beer into my direction.

My heart dropped to my stomach as I stared into the distance, not moving or showing any kind of emotion," what?", my heartbeat began racing, the elixir in my blood boiled with rage and fury.

"So she hasn't told you, yet?", Sevika laughed angrily hitting her thigh.

My teeth gritted as I clenched my fists so hard that my nails dug into my skin forcing blood to drip from my hands onto my thighs," you're lying".

Her brow rose as she shook her head," I saw it with my own eyes".

My teeth drew onto my bottom lip as I tried to collect myself and calm down a tiny bit, but I couldn't, the rage was swallowing me and I couldn't even move.

I knew what I felt now. Betrayed. It felt as if the pain is eating me from the inside out. It's breaking me and I can do nothing about it. I want to scream, I want to cry, but I can't. All I can think about is the anger inside me as I saw Ekko and Jinx in front of my eyes, hugging, kissing, him touching her in the ways that only I can.

After what felt like twenty minutes I stood up. Sevika looked up at me, her bushy brows knitting at the sight of my dull face," where are you going?".

She stood up watching my face and patiently waiting for an answer, "to fix something".

She shook her head, grabbing my shoulder," don't do something you'll regret, kid".

I knew what she meant, but I've already made up my mind.

I'll show them...

I'll show them all.