39. I don't bite

Y/Ns pov.

Screaming.

I didn't stop screaming as I threw punches into the wall, even though I was weak, I still managed to break some pieces off of it. I didn't care who heard me, who I annoyed or disturbed, I wanted out of here, I wanted to see Jinx, I needed her. These past few days were torture to me, I was getting beat up, starved, splashed with freezing water from time to time.

Vi hasn't come back after the last time I saw her, I don't know how many days exactly I have been here, there are no clocks, not even a ray of the sunlight gets into this filthy ass place.

I could hear other inmates shouting and cursing at me, probably disturbed that they can't get their beauty nap for the millionth time today.

My screams ended when I caught a shuffling sound, swinging my head to the direction it came from, but it wasn't who I expected it to be at all. It was someone I didn't expect or wanted to see at the moment, "hey, Cait, missed me already?", I joked around tired of being alone.

Caitlyn just narrowed her eyes at me, her hands holding white papers," my name is Caitlyn", her voice low and refined, made me chuckle.

I ignored Vis presence beside her," whatever, how are things going topside, huh?", my head tilted to the side with an evil grin. I knew Jinx was the reason they were here, she probably went nuts after they took me.

My arms crossed as I slowly stepped closer to the bars of my cell," this is a waste of time Vi, she won't tell us anything", one of Caitlyns hands dropped to her side, a sigh left her lips and her eyes glanced at Vi who was just an inch shorter than her.

Vi looked down for a moment but then her eyes quickly fell on my figure again, "if you want to protect Jinx, you'll have to cooperate".

I frowned hard, there could be no way I could ever betray Zaun and my father's industry, everything that he created was mine now," hmm, let me think", I rubbed my chin pretending to think hard," nope", I let out a loud laugh, perhaps even overly loud as I made them both step back," how did you trick Cait into releasing you?", my eyes darted between the two girls as I lazily leaned onto the metal bars.

" have you told her about your past yet?", I giggled with a snore, amused smile on my face.

Vi stayed silent not daring to look at Caitlyn," let's go Vi", the enforcer girl nudged her," we have more important work to do". My brows shot up at her remark and crashed down once again.

"You're one of them now?!", I gripped the bars tighter, gritting through my teeth," what happened to 'I hate them' ' I want Powder to not feel like she's less than them' ?!", the rage inside me exploded and I banged my head onto the bars harshly forcing the girls to flinch," you betrayed Zaun and your own sister just to fuck a topsider?!", my yelling made Vi hiss at my harsh words.

"No!", she shifted aggressively," I never wanted to hurt innocent people, and that's exactly what you're doing to the people topside", Vi stepped closer to my cell, no fear shown in her face, only her eyes bravely stared at mine," I'm here to stop that".

We both stared at each other intensively as if a challenge was given," fuck you", I spat on her face through the space between bars. She growled and wiped my saliva off of her face aggressively with her wrapped up in bandages knuckles.

Caitlyn's hand came to rest on Vi's shoulder, tugging her back to stand beside her," we just needed to ask you if you have seen this male", the enforcer lifted a paper with a portrait up to my face level showing me the person on it.

I immediately recognized the male, "why?", I tossed my head and backed away from the bars, walking forth and back into the darkness.

" He could be dangerous, that's all I can tell you".