35. What's that?

Y/Ns pov.

"Ohh... Viktor!", I called out loudly, my voice echoed through the doctor's place as I stepped in, or more like swung in.

I was bored out of my mind. Jinx was busy doing some work that Sevika gave her to keep her occupied while she kept out of the enforcers' sight and Sevika was doing her usual job. I had nothing to do today, no documents to read, no henchmen to lead. Only me and my thoughts... And Silco.

" why would you come to this stranger?", Silco spoke to me for the millionth time today, his voice dull.

"He might have something interesting going on", I rolled my eyes as I answered Silco, my eyes roaming around this creepy place, and when I saw a metal mask my hands grabbed it instantly with a 'Woah' coming out of my lips. It was pretty and shiny.

I put the mask to my face, the eye space wasn't the biggest as I looked through it around the area.

The other door opened with a creak, revealing the person I was calling just now," what are you doing? Put that down", Viktor tossed the paper box he was just holding onto the nearest table, the stuff in it made a clanking sound.

He yanked the mask out of my hands and wiped the nonexistent dust from it, his eyebrows frowned hard and he scoffed, " why are you here? I didn't do anything wrong".

I glared at him," yet", I tossed my head, ignoring his question and laughing at his face that was full of fear," what is this mask for, anyway?", I huffed out crossing my arms on my chest and stroking my forearms as it was so cold here.

I left my jacket at Jinxs place since she was whining and begging me not to leave her, but she had to focus on her task and I didn't want to distract her so I left her my jacket, telling her that I won't leave without it even if I wanted to.

"It's for my research", he carefully placed the mask near the box, his eyes glancing at the box and stepping over to it. I pouted at his actions, I felt like he was ignoring me so I scurried to the table his stuff was on and hopped onto it with an annoying smile.

Viktor glared at me but didn't say anything and proceeded to mess into the box, searching for something, the metal clanked as he took one thing and placed it down reaching for other," what's this?", I touched a metal plate after I caught it with the corner of my eye.

"Don't touch anything", Viktor slapped my arm and narrowed his eyes at me. He walked over to chemistry tools. His fingers tapped the buret filled with some green liquid.  It was familiar to me. My eyes widened slightly as I remembered when Ekko injected me with the same green liquid.

"What's that?", I almost yelled making him flinch slightly, curiosity rose inside of me like a tide.

He squinted his eyes, watching as the liquid ran into the test tube," it's an elixir, it's often used to create bombs, make something more powerful or as a medical potion", Viktor didn't bother to look at me, answering.

" what if it happens to be injected into your body while you have shimmer inside your system?", I let out a nervous laugh, grabbing goggles that were just a few inches away from me, pretending to examine them.

He stopped what he was doing, turning the handle of the buret off, stopping the green liquid from running," it depends on the amount, I guess it would cause some complications if shimmer and elixir were mixed in one blood system", his thick brows shot up," have you been injected with it? While shimmer was in your system?".

Viktor got so close I got uncomfortable and backed away awkwardly," I always have shimmer in my system, I'd die without it", I shrugged, looking back down at the googles.

Now, he was frowning," how did you get shimmer in your system?", Viktor backed away slowly.

"I was dying, the doctor saved me by injecting shimmer into me", my voice came out quiet, the memories of drowning came back again.

Shock shuddered through his face," you were his first experiment and you were a success", Viktors mouth fell open slightly at his own words, but he quickly hid the shock and went back to his research," If you could just let me make some researches on you", Viktors voice was hesitant, with quick glances at me.

"Wh- you want to make me a lab rat?!", I jumped in my place, one corner of my mouth twisted in anger. Being a lab rat once was enough, it hurt like freaking hell.

He placed his hands in the air, calming me down slowly, "what if we could make you a weapon against Piltover?", his words made something twist inside of me.

" what do you mean?", I scoffed, dangling my legs off the edge of the table I sat on.

Viktor was silent for a moment, thinking about something before speaking it loudly," you have shimmer in your body, and..", he gestures his hands as he spoke," and the elixir was injected too, you're still sane and healthy", his eyes met mine again, a proud smile on his slim face," it would hurt, but imagine how powerful you'd be after".

"If everything works out, that is", I spoke irritated as if I wasn't even thinking of accepting his offer, but inside I was willing to go through all the pain. For Jinx. I could protect her.

" do it for Jinx", Silco whispered behind my shoulder, I tilted my head almost not hearing him.

Viktor stayed silent, waiting for my actual answer," alright, let's try it", I blurted out, my brow rose," what will you do to me?", curiosity was burning into me.

"We'll try to inject you with the green elixir, it should work, but it will take a couple of sessions", he went back to doing his research, not minding my presence near him. Form time to time he would ask me to hand him over some stuff from the box.

I watched as he mixed different liquids and poured them into the test tubes," why haven't you gone back to the topside since I showed here up for the first time?", I broke the silence.

Viktor's hands held two test tubes and brought them to his eyes level, twirling the liquids gently and examining them," I'm not welcome there anymore".

"Why?", I asked as if it was weird, but it wasn't, clearly after Jinx bombed the whole council the topside feared the undercity folks.

He didn't answer me, knowing I already know the answer," here, I finished it, we can try it", he pushed onto the syringe making the liquid spill a little.

My eyes widened and my breath hitched," Woah, so fast?", I backed away slowly starting at the big syringe, I could already feel the needle piercing through me and burning pain flowing through my veins. I breathed hard at the memories.

"Yes", he nodded quickly, glancing at the syringe and then back at me," we will try only a little today, you have to lay down there", Viktor pointed his long finger to the metal table with belts.

I haven't even told Jinx about this yet, she will be furious when she finds out.

"She doesn't have to know", Silco cleared my mind again, his voice lower than ever.

I hopped off the table, watching Viktor through the corners of my eyes as I walked over to the metal table, my feet stopped on their own, I blinked a few times with a deep breath in and laid onto it.

Viktor tightened the belts around me as I closed my eyes closed," this will hurt", was the last thing I heard clearly before the needle pierced my skin, injecting the green liquid.

My eyes shot open at the agonizing pain created by the elixir mixing up with shimmer, I let out a shriek. My head felt as if it would explode any second, I let out violent coughs as the liquid burned my throat and it was so bitter that I couldn't even swallow my saliva.

"stop", I managed to let out before everything went quiet and peaceful as if the world stopped spinning.