10. The firelights

Y/N pov

Jinx and I didn't speak or even make a slight glance at each other the whole way to the factory. Only Sevika who walked in front of us spat out curse words under her breath, luckily she didn't notice the awkwardness between me and Jinx.

I couldn't help but wonder what would have happened if Sevika didn't interrupt us. Just after Sevika walked into the training room I realized that Jinx only stopped because she heard her coming.

A quick glance at Jinx through my eye corner only to find her staring back at me. We both looked away as soon as we made eye contact.

' focus Y/N, you're about to fight' I thought.

But of course, how could I not think about it, does Jinx even feel something for me? Or is it just me who has feelings for her? Still, if she didn't have feelings for me she wouldn't have kissed me, right?

The screams and shouts of folks rang from the huge factory building as we stepped in," protect the Shimmer!", Sevika yelled so close to my ear that I flinched a bit. The folks with masks who I guessed were the firelights flew on floating boards around the factory battling the workers inside.

Sevika lunged at the closest firelight knocking it down and getting on top, her fists flying into the firelight's face. On the other hand, my eyes flew to Jinx who fisted another firelight with a mask this time. Her face full of rage. I have never seen Jinx fighting like that, I was almost confused, she didn't look like the old Pow-pow, she was Jinx. Even though I have realized that Powder changed earlier, she looked different right now. I haven't seen this side of Jinx yet, and I weirdly liked it.

A hand grabbed me by my neck from behind throwing me into the nearest wall, I hissed at the impact and before the firelight could hit me right into the face I dodged his fist and threw out my left one, hitting his face with a rock-hard punch, then lunging at him, taking him to the ground, just like Sevika though me.

My fists met his face over and over again, knocking his mask off.

" crazy bitch" he spat blood onto the ground and that was enough for me. Anger overpowered me, I grabbed one of my blades from its sheath and with one move sliced his throat.

The firelights blood now stained my hands and face, some even in my mouth. A wave of excitement crashed through me and a mischievous smile tugged on my lips.

With a swipe of my hand on my face, pulling my hair aside, I stood up searching for my next target and when I found him, I slowly made my way to him.

He was fighting Jinx, on top of her as she tried to push him off as hard as she could, but before she could succeed I grabbed his collar from behind almost tearing it. Pulling him off of Jinx's frame, he stumbled back when I let go of his collar.

Now he stood in front of me, just standing there, waiting for my next move, a growl left my lips, and I jumped on him, kicking him into his abdomen. He staggered back.

I pulled out my blade again, but before I could slash him open, he grabbed my hand with the blade in it. The firelight was strong, perhaps stronger than Sevika. My eyes widened but I didn't let that stop me. I kicked his knee and he let go of my hand, yet, he didn't stumble, instead, he came at me swinging. I dodged a couple of hits stepping back and throwing some of my punches at him. With one hit his masks fell and my eyebrows crashed together.

"Ekko?", my voice came out quieter than I intended. I'm fighting my childhood friend, the irony.

He shot up his eyebrows in surprise, I couldn't tell if he remembered me or was it just because I just smashed his mask off and called his name.