31. Regret

Y/Ns pov.

"I'm beginning to think it was a mistake", I groaned and threw my blade into the wooden door of my office. The blade stabbed into the thick wood with a loud thud that was like music to my ear. I used to do this when I was locked in my room, I'd cry and throw blades into my own door. Once I almost hit Sevikas face with it, since then she doesn't really like being around me when I begin my little show.

Sevika chugged her whisky down, her bushy brown eyebrows crashed together," what do you mean?", she leaned back onto the sofa, both of her arms spread onto the back of it and a cigar in between her lips.

"What I mean is-", I threw another blade into the door," without Silco here," my hand grabbed another blade that was hooked onto my belt," I'm empty", threw the blade with my whole force.

I left Jinx yesterday and still haven't come back to her. I needed time to think. There was a complete mess in my head and somehow I still felt empty.

Sevika huffed, blowing out smoke," you should've thought about that before killing him", her words letting irritation spread through me.

"I didn't kill him!", I spat out angrily, gesturing my hands aggressively," Jinx did", another blade stabbed into the door.

"But you let her do it and you also led her to it", Sevika pointed at me with her cigar as the smoke came out of her nose, highlighting the 'and' part.

I huffed in annoyance," I know... I know!", I plopped down onto the table forcing some papers to fly," now.. Ekko is trying to take her from me", my voice got dull and maybe even sad. I haven't decided what to do with him just yet, maybe I should wait and see.

"No! What if you're too late and he takes her away?", Silcos voice startled me and I flinched making Sevika look up at me.

" you alright, kid?", she frowned," wait no, never mind, the last thing you are is being alright", her hand reached for her glass of whiskey.

I rolled my eyes at her stupid words, but she was right, I was not alright. I was being replaced and Ekko is trying to get in my place. All these years and he still likes her that way? Does he still have a crush on her?

I groaned at the questions that kept invading my mind, not letting me rest even for a moment," how are the things topside?". It's been a few days now since Jinx blew up the council, today the enforcer who works for me got a job to find out what are their plans against us, by now Sevika should've gotten the information from him.

"They are planning on shutting down the shimmer produce in Piltover", Sevika let out a deep sigh, watching as I stood up and saunter to the sofa she was sitting on.

I plopped down near her," it's fine, we have a dozen of shimmer factories in the lanes.", my fingers grabbed the cigar out of her mouth, placing it in between my lips," what about Vi? Any news?", as much as I hated her, I still cared for her. She never did anything wrong, only the fact that Jinx would leave me for her angered me.

" that musty enforcer said that someone is joining them, I bet it's Vi", she replied watching me blow out smoke. We used to smoke together and gossip about Silco or Sevikas pals that's why I'm not coughing like a dying rat right now, I'm used to it.

" you think Vi would leave Jinx for a better life in the topside?", my brow rose as I questioned Sevika who yanked the cigar out of my hands.

"Everything is possible", Sevika shrugged rubbing the cigar into the ashtray and getting up her hands placed onto her thighs for support," I need some work to do," she reached for the doorknob and paused," you should pay a visit to the doctor, I heard someone from piltover visits him daily", and with that, she left.