Kendall's Pov (5)

After my cowardly disappearance yesterday and with Jessica leaving me a series of voice messages, I returned to school the next day carefully dodging the opening school forum.

It was compulsory a few days after resumption to carry out a general assembly at the gymnasium where certain rules and regulations were addressed.

This was the best opportunity for principal Habril to engage us in her long tedious lectures on how she spent every of her vacation studying, choosing work over pleasure, and how her children and grandchildren were all academically grounded with seven hours of study every day.
We knew her speech by heart, it was nothing new.

No wonder she was antiquated and had musty breath.

Rumor has it she doesn't bathe with scented soap, it was a strict homemade recipe she and her family shared. And that her tubes of toothpaste were made with charcoal and salt extract, Ew.

The rumors were plenty, enough to earn her a bad reputation. I kept wondering why she was still allowed the office when we had more eligible teachers who could run the school better.

But one thing was for sure, she wasn't the most fashionable principal May blossom high has ever had but she was kind and considerate and seemed to understand students more than the teachers themselves.

The issue with the opening forum was that this was where gossip reigned, it was like a butcher ground for me especially, because the entrance was located at the front podium where everyone could see you walk in.
You should never dream of arriving late to the forums.

Then again were the gossip girls Yvonne, Chelsea, and Mindy Brookes thrash people and events, the latter who by the way claims she's cousins with Landon all because they bear the same last name.

Then we have Chelsea, to me, she's the worst one out of the trio. Asides from her foul tongue there seemed nothing left in her brain.

She was famously known for engaging in a horse fight with Shania, one of Landon's exes.
She's in science class and was rumored to have been hanging out with some douchebag with whom Chelsea was madly in love then.

The girls got dirty in a particular fight tearing at each other's clothes and hair. That scene was very fresh in my memory, I got a call on a fateful break period from Jessica to rush to the field that afternoon and I witnessed the mess.

I heard from someone that Chelsea had come to watch her boyfriend's game and after the activity which ended in a win for his team, Shania dashed to the scene and was all cozy with him right in front of his girlfriend.
It wasn't the first time Chelsea has warned the girl off her man but this time around the girls took things far and got into a cat fight.

Shania was sorely wounded, she got scratches over her neck and cheeks, her expensive leather skirt torn by the side. It was an eyesore but this was exactly what students loved the most. Fights!

I was unable to find out who the douchebag they fought over was, and Jessica who was supposed to get the full gist was more interested in capturing the last moments on her phone, reveling in it so much. Her only regret was that it wasn't Yvonne who got torn apart.
Yvonne Novald was her worst enemy in May blossom and for several reasons known to her.

I clutch my backpack firmly and corner into the infirmary. I don't wanna start my day with side talks and demeaning words. Then again I know deep down the reason why I'm currently at the school sickbay pretending to have a stomach ache, Landon.

I knew I was going to see him in class, but that's different, at least all eyes won't be on us unlike in the gymnasium.

I stretched myself properly on the six-inch spring bed pulling my fine handwoven nude sweater down to cover my exposed navel and opened a non-fictitious novel I stole from the school nurse, Betty.