Kendall's Pov (55)

To be honest, it's indeed a challenge to stand before a group of Hollywood kinda directors and try to pitch yourself. The careful and subtle way their professional eyes scrutinizes you would make you shit your pants.

But I'm sure they weren't expecting a bunch of high schoolers like us to be perfect in our acting skills. My greatest turning point was when I got to see the famous reality tv star of "Friends and ugly past" Mrs. Indiana Monarch.

She looked so exotic sitting there as part of the judges, her wide famous smiles made me trip several times while auditioning because I couldn't stop looking and wishing to be her.

I had to wonder why King Cairo hated her fame so much. It was overwhelming, yes. But the glamor and attention it came with was something I crave.

When I'm done with my time, I walk slowly out of the door hoping to get a special acknowledgment from Indiana when I see Crème walk boldly and straight to the judges introducing  herself to Indiana.

I can hear the woman's shrill as she stands to give her a hug. Damn!

The long line of auditioners was marvelous. I didn't think our students were that interested in things like this. Well I didn't think I was, until last night when I decided to give myself a chance at something new.

Electra rushes over to me in her usual excited garrulous manner.

"How did yours go? Did you get to introduce yourself as her son's girlfriend?" She digs following me to the cafeteria.

"What?... Why would I do that?"

"Hell why not? Don't you know that woman has been so obsessed with whomever her son is seeing. In every of her interviews about family she always talks about it. Don't you follow the show?" Electra pesters, mirroring my actions as we pick out snacks from the assorted dishes.

I shrug in response to her. "You could bag the lead role if she knew who you were. You've never been to their house? You never tried getting to know her?" Electra wails, dropping her tray beside me.

I see Lisa furrow her brows in interest.

"What are you two talking about?"

"Nothing!"   "Indiana!" We speak at the same time.

"Kendal here totally blew her chance. She's never met Indiana and your boyfriend never introduced you to her? Does he even love you?" Electra questions.

Lisa joins.
"I doubt. What did I tell you guys about Kenny being the last person to make use of her opportunity? That sucks"

"Really sucks, I hear Crème Delarius will get the lead role"

"Who says?" I ask in concern. Does she have to use her influence on everything?

Electra shrugs. "It's how these things are done."

I sigh inwardly, a part of me wishing that King and I were still good. I would've seized the opportunity for once, for once to be the star girl I've never got to be. Make use of my influence to get what I want and stop hiding under the shadows. But I can't. It's a pity we had to end it at this point.

"Did you audition?" Lisa asks Electra.

"Well... I wanted to but principal Habril wants me to be in charge of making sure the show ends well. No extra drama you see" she chews on her fries.

"I hope I'll get a role. It'll give me a chance to one day be a Hollywood standard. I heard the name of the show is 'Teenage love affair'... Isn't it awesome?"

"Yeah and the show will take place partly at our school and neighboring school. They're also auditioning" Electra chips in.

"Wow, it's a big gig" Lisa wonders.