Einsteins Pov (43)

I press on the keypad with vigor cursing at the stupid Gameloft. Their players are freaking slow. I've had to die like six times before I can get to an incredible stage.

My eagle-like gaze follows the activity on my big screen with caution, hoping I won't get killed again, I need to make a high score.

My player jumps a dirty fence dropping on one knee, with the blocks as his defense he shoots at his opponents. One at angle thirty, two at an adjacent angle and the last man behind him. When I'm done killing all of them I hold on to the OK key in fearless joy but an unknown bullet hits me down and GAME OVER!

"F***k!!!!... Stupid motherfuckers!!" I yell throwing my keypad on the bed.

My door swings open and mum peeps through. "Darling, you didn't go to school today? Are you sick?"

"I'm fine mum, just wasn't in the mood" I replied, switching off my TV.

"You can talk to me about it, son. Is it about Emma?" She says walking into my room.

I grunt in silence hoping she understands I don't wanna talk about it with her.

"I'm okay mum. I just need space"

"If you say so then, I'll go on my way but I just want you to know that it's not you nor your brother's fault. You shouldn't beat yourselves up about it. I've had Eric starving himself all week and napping at the hospital. That's not gonna save her yuuno? You've all done more than Joana and I could do for her and we appreciate that. I'm sure when she wakes she'll appreciate it too"

"But what if she doesn't?... It's been five days now and she's still out. What if she wakes but doesn't remember?"

Mum moves over to my bed in concern. "She will make it dear, Emma is a very strong fierce spirited girl. You don't have anything to fear"

I nod hoping it's gonna be like that. I've spent all my weekend hating myself for everything, for agreeing to take her to Hawaii, for standing up to Eric that night, at least it would've turned out differently if I wasn't there.

The worst part is that I keep recalling how lifeless her body was splayed on the wet floor. The red fluid dripped into the pool igniting a flood of hysteria from swimmers.

It's been in my head creeping into my dreams, I can't sleep and I seriously don't wanna talk to anybody so I decided to lock myself up.

After the hospital in Hawaii had her moved down here on Joana's request. I've only gone twice to visit. The image of her in wires didn't sit well with me at all. She was so feeble in that white robe that tears almost ran down my eyes. I thought I could be strong for her but I can't do that in her presence, Eric managed.

"I just... I just hope it all goes away soon" I whisper.

"It will honey it_" she stops when she hears a beep. She sorts her iPad from her expensive handbag.

I watch her slide it open checking what the beep was for.

"Oh, I think we have a visitor at the door. I'll get it" she says, giving me a warm smile before heading out.

Once my privacy is restored, I grab my phone to check out my playlist, jam some cool hits and enter the bathroom for a start.

I'm feeling better in a soft cotton top and shorts, all white. I sigh in relief at how relaxing the cloth made me feel. I've loved that brand 'Naked wolf' not because they are an expensive brand but because of how eco-friendly the material was and the fact that they never ran out of style... I can't quite say, Whatever!

"What the f**k are you doing here?!" I bark, for all my thoughts, she's the last being I expected to see.

"Who let you in here?!!"

Cheryl squirms like a scared cat.

"Your mum did, I wanted to speak with you about Emma" she says in a wavering voice.

I switch on the TV, I search for my favorite channels. Nat Geo wild and tunes in hoping she'll get that.

"Einstein please... I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry for what happened to Emma"

"Why are you apologizing to me then? Do I look like your friend whom you betrayed?" I glare at her, she shakes her head.

"Eric told me you didn't tell anybody what really happened... Thank you Stein" she starts.

"Don't be stupid Cheryl, I didn't do it for you. I did it for my brother. I didn't want my mum and most especially Emma's mum finding out that her daughter's best friend was shagging her daughter's boyfriend" I blurted in anger.

"It was a mistake..." She whispers.

"Likewise getting to know you"

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I know Emma's gonna hate me when she wakes. She'll never look my way again cos I've been a very bad friend but I totally understand. I can bear her not talking to me again because I hate myself. I promise to get out of her life and Eric's. I promise I just need her to wake up" she begs in tears.

"Or you don't" I retorted, hissing all the way.

Her eyes are like saucers at my insinuation.
"I would never wish her dead! Not even my worst enemy, I swear it"

I stand in my full length intimidating her. "The last time I checked, she was your friend, best friend not your enemy but you didn't care if she'll kill herself when she finds out what you did or not. You've come here to tell me you feel pity for her? You're sorry for what?!!" I yell.

Cheryl shudders in fear, running out of my room. I exhale briefly before returning to my bed which seems to be the only place I want to be now.

In the past I would've hung out at Phil's but after our little altercation in Hawaii, I decided to keep my distance seeing we began to share different views.

I heard rumors that he got selected as our school champion and will be representing us in the state athletic competition. I would've thought Landon Brookes was the man for the job seeing as he's been on it since pre school and plus his Dad always gave sultry compensations to the school on several occasions. Someone would have thought it was a bribe to pick his son as the candidate for the state level, I guess principal Habril is really hard on bribery.

I check our class group chat and I'm stunned by the number of tags on me.

"The hell?!" I scroll up to the beginning to read through to the last messages and words choke in my mouth because I'm not sure what to make of this nonsense.

They're talking about Crème and I like the rumors are true. The five minutes video mix I just went through was enough evidence for them to conclude Crème and I would make the best couple at May blossom high.

"This is ridiculous!" I grunt.

Wondering who the f**k had the time and audacity to take pictures of us on different occasions? turning them into a video mix. And with a god-damned love song in the background!