Yvonne's pov (61)

"Hey, can I catch a ride with you?" I bend towards the car peeping through the window

he looked exasperated as he saw me, I offered him my most charming smile hoping he'll buy it. King Cairo looked nothing like Indiana's son, his eyes were a shade different from hers and his tanned skin said otherwise. I wonder why there were no paparazzi on his tail nor blogs, magazines, and the rest of them carrying news about him. that seemed shady to me, maybe he was pretending to be who he isn't but if he is then jackpot for me.

"Are you gonna let me in or not?" I ask stomping my trainers on the tar.

"uh, yeah hop in we'll give you a ride" he signals the driver to unlock the door.

as I get in such proximity to him I actually notice how rich and extra healthy his skin is. it's not a usual thing for a guy to have... nice skin! it was as smooth as an eggshell without blemish, his skin was milk I almost started to believe him. There were a few of us in May blossom high who could afford an expensive car with a chauffeur. No doubt he was one of them.

"So why leave so early? don't you wanna hang around with friends after school?"

"Actually I'm supposed to be at practice but I'm exhausted from the tedious exam today"

"What practice?"

"football"

"Are you in the school team?"

"since I got admitted here," he confirms.

"Why have I never noticed?"

"Why have you never noticed?" he retorted, looking me in the eye.

I nod with a smile, tucking some loose strands of hair in my ear, my victory move.

'So are you here for the project?'" he asks, watching me.

"What project?... is there something happening?" I furrow my brows in utter confusion.

"I guess you also don't know we're partners for an after-exam project. My surname starts with an 'M' while yours starts with an 'N'. It's an essay competition and is to be submitted a week after exams. I really thought that was why you were here" he says plainly throwing his face to the window.

"I'm so sorry, I guess I got used to my friends updating me on stuff, ever since I stopped hanging out with them I became a wandering mind"

"Same here" he whispers after a few seconds.

"Are you talking about your ex? Kendal Levy?"

he doesn't respond and I take it that he still feels hurt.

"Whatever did you see in her? She was literally crushing on Landon Brookes while he was my boyfriend. I hated her guts then"

"She's a nice person," he mutters, pinching his lower lip. I sigh in resignation, deciding he's still not over her.

The chauffeur requests my location but I tell him to drive us to his place.

"We can as well do the homework at your place. I'm less busy as it stands."

"That's too sudden we haven't even chosen a topic yet"

"We can do that at your place" I pressed hoping to get a chance to meet Indiana, an autograph and some selfies from her would mean a lot on my Instagram.

The modern building before us wasn't exactly what I pictured his home to look like. this looked like the regular houses you see on the streets where the middle class resides, it wasn't even in a high profile area. King ushered me into the house which was made of wood and white paint.