Kendall's Pov (34)

I run as fast as I can, hoping he doesn't catch me in the darkness. I hate being chased at night not just because I hate darkness but because I'm asthmatic and the anxiety with being scared messes with my breathing.

At this point I'm not sure where I'm at. Is King-Cairo ever gonna find me? The fine palm trees around led to a marble stairs meant for the balcony. Well, since I haven't seen the whole parts of the hotel I might as well climb and see for myself.

As I make my way up, I hear a noise, someone breathing in a raspy manner on the balcony. It's like a maze of corridors and steps. The higher one went the more complex it got.

The noise gets thicker at my stop and I'm fidgeting. I pull out my phone and turn on the torch to at least see where the noise is from.

It's from behind the wall I think.
Wait!_I stop myself as I hear voices whispering, my ears lean on the wall eavesdropping on them.

"We need to stop, I feel so guilty doing this, I can't believe you still want us to go on after a week of being here" a somewhat familiar male voice says, his voice faltering with regret.

"Shh, don't say that, are you scared of your girlfriend?" A feminine voice asks and I turn cold.

"Wtf?!!" I bawl in my mind.
Is it luck for me to always bump into cheating fanatics? I think to myself. I listen as the girl continues speaking.

"She's not even here, yuuno?"

"I'm not scared of her, I just feel like shit for betraying her trust. This ain't who I wanna be anymore but you keep making me go back to my habits. She's your friend too" he laments.

I know that voice from somewhere but I can't quite place it. There are lots of people in my class who sound alike.

It seems like they continued kissing and smooching because I heard nothing more.

'Teenagers, I wonder in my mind.

I wait for them to be done and leave before my footsteps will alert them. The unknown girl showers him with kisses before running down the steps. I was unable to see her face but the red scarf on her neck would let me trace her.

"Eric!" I say in shock as he bumps into me in my hiding place.

"Hey... Urhg Kendal right?" He's racking his brains to remember my name.

"Yeah Kendal, we're in the same class, I didn't know you were there" I mutter.

He nods. "Course, have you been here all along? did you?..." He's pointing behind at his runaway lover but I pretend to have just arrived.

"I just walked in, there's no service around here" I lie waving my phone around."

"Oh well, I'll just... My_'' he's pointing at something behind me. I turn to see a backpack on the floor.

"Oh sorry" I help him with it, he nods and strides off. I pity his girlfriend, poor girl should know what it means dating a captain of the football team. Lots of girls.

"Kendal!" Chills run down my spine at the sound of his bass voice.

"Landon, hey how did you find me?"

"Eric... Saw him on my way and he told me you were here. What are you doing here anyway? Are you hiding from me?"

"No... No, why would I?"

"I dunno? The same reason you've been avoiding my calls since Flo's party. You said we'll talk later after we got here but I haven't seen your shadow since then. Why K? What happened?"