Third Party Pov (62)

Exams were done and dusted, friends worried they'll miss each other after the projects were submitted. It was gonna be a distant Christmas because some of them planned to travel far away, those who could afford expensive flights to spend Christmas with loved ones with extravagant celebrations, trip tickets to their favorite places. It was all the rich kids talked about as the final exams rounded up, while the rest who couldn't afford such luxury would probably have a subtle nice celebration.

Kendal was no different from the latter, though she wasn't going anywhere to see anyone. Her home was all they've got and she was happy with it because the thought of leaving her bedroom was bothering her. It was her solace, a niche where she comforted herself and let her introverted nature show.

Since the incident with Landon, she's been going through some major heart repairs. It felt like old times when she struggled to look past her feelings for him and King came into the picture making it easier for her to let go, but the one mistake she made was to let him go... To let King go, all for her silly unrequited feelings for Lan.

Kendal wrote in her diary more times than usual, reading up from the very first time she started writing her feelings down. She wanted to soak it all in and thrash them out once.

Landon didn't deserve her love, he didn't deserve her attention because he did with it like he wanted. She was most appalled by the fact that he didn't call her after that night nor days that followed, he seemed so engulfed in his world and it etched on her poor soul when he suddenly began to show Jessica maximum attention. They were always around each other in the classroom, at the cafeteria, either whispering words or riding home together.

Kendal would punish foolish self by walking home in the cold, fluffing her skinny hands inside her hoodie, and drowning in her thoughts of whatever she could.

Landon was bat-shit scared, he was still replaying what he thought would be the precise reaction from his father when he dropped the news. His dad would kick him out and disown him. He rubbed at his chest, soothing the ache he felt, hoping it would calm.

After the night Jess told him she was pregnant, Landon was never himself again, he stayed up all night shivering in dreadful thoughts and when the day broke, he scampered to school in his car to pick Jess up. He tried getting her to go to a clinic with him for a real test but she wouldn't listen.

At a point, she began to gaslight, throw tantrums and made him do whatever she wanted. Landon was scared, he was drained from everything going on, and the one person he would've gone to at this point K was sulking, every time his thoughts ran to her, he would remember how he left her that night, sick and probably scared. he felt like the devil afterward because when he returned she was gone.

And now he had no one to talk to, his parents were his last option. Besides there was no way he was gonna hide it from them, Jess already threatened to do it if he didn't.

He recalled the deadly glare on Maxwell Brooke's face when he broke the news, his father who used to be a talker was silent for minutes sending him out of his home office for his peace of mind.

It took two days for his father to give him a reply and it was everything Landon feared.
He insisted a confirmatory test must be done before further actions came out positive.
His family called for a dinner with her, and when Maxwell discovered she was from nothing, his anger extended, and he wouldn't talk to his son, he washed his hands off the issues and promised to withdraw every sponsorship on Landon calling him a disappointment.

Landon was torn, his mother was his only hope. She was the only one who still felt empathy for him. At a point, in close discretion, he'd begged Jess to take it out, but she seemed hell-bent on keeping the pregnancy. It didn't seem like a bother to her that she was suddenly going to be a mother, that her single life was suddenly gonna end and she would be in charge of two people. They were high schoolers for heaven's sake and Landon wasn't ready. He didn't even love her_ he had thought when she insisted on keeping it.