Kendall's Pov (42)

"So the rumors are true then? She's to be suspended for a week plus community service? That's horrible?" The lanky girl on braises chatter.

Electra the news bearer nods in confirmation amidst devouring her tray of lunchtime meal. I'm sure she doesn't joke with her food.

She wipes her fingers with the paper towel beside her. "One thing I'm sure about Mindy Brookes is that she ain't going on suspension. Maybe a mild punishment, nothing else. Yvonne has always had Mindy film or take pictures of her at every event or silly stuff so why's this one different?" Electra drops the question in her usual domineering manner, giving room for the other girls seated around the table in the cafeteria to delve into the matter.

Lisa flips her hair in style. "Haven't you guys watched the clip?..."

"It was taken down before I could. Why? What's in it?" Electra pipes in.

"She made a personal love confession to Landon Brookes in Hawaii and Mindy filmed and uploaded it without her consent"

"Wait!_" The lanky girl cuts in.

"Isn't he like your bestie or whatever?" She's suddenly directing the attention at me.

I squint in my seat, hating that I got involved in cheap gossip again because of Landon.

"Yeah" I mutter impatiently waiting for King-Cairo.  How long does it take one to answer a call from principal Habril?

"Oh don't mind Kendal. She's totally cut off from what's happening with the popular girls and boys. I'm not sure how he still manages to acknowledge her" Lisa says.

"Lisa don't be so blunt. Kendal is everything Landon likes, ain't that true?" Electra turns to me smiling.

"I'm not sure what you mean but I have a boyfriend and he's one of the big boys too" I don't know why I said that.

Lisa hisses in pure jealousy. "King-Cairo?... Heavens please"

"Damn girl, you know how to get 'em!" Electra hollers.

"If I were you, Kendal Levy, I would've been one of the big chics at school. Or get me into King's mum's reality show. I'll damn well become a popular kid here" Lisa says, I mentally roll my eyes at her.

She's been aimlessly plowing her way through to hang out with the big girls, I'm sure she'd do anything for it.

Yvonne catwalks into the cafeteria and everywhere goes silent. I believe this meant most people have seen the video. Her eyes narrow to her usual table but her friends must've skipped lunch. She sashays out of the hall.

The sight of her reminds me of the times she'd throw dirt on me for always being around her boyfriend Landon. She would dare me not to tell him of her vicious acts to prove I wasn't a lapdog and so I didn't.

But the bullying didn't stop, it got worse especially when Chelsea decided to take matters overboard and threw me inside our school's diving pool. I almost didn't make it out alive but thank heavens I was saved.

Yet I never mentioned a thing to Landon, the only times he saved me from their bullies were the ones they did in his presence. He even threatened to break up with Yvy one time if she didn't warn her friend.

Now remembering the past only makes me realize she's never felt different for Landon even after their breakup. Did she really think he'll take her back?

I chuckle at the thought. The Landon I know didn't return to his exes once he called it quits. He wouldn't do that for his first love Meredith so why Yvy?

My thoughts derail me from the conversations going on at the table. I snatch my bag and head out in search of King. I'm wondering why the principal asked to see him in the first place. We were supposed to sneak out during lunchtime to the hospital. I need to visit Emma and he promised to take me but lunch is almost over.