Kendall's Pov (49)

Jordan's room is as neat as never. He's not the type to keep his surroundings tidy, usually, there will be military stickers all over his chest board. He loved picking them out from his favorite snack, cheese. Or clothes tossed on the ceiling fan but there's definitely something fishy about his room as I saunter around looking for a clue.

His bed is properly made, I turn to where his shoes are by the door side but can't find his favorite camo sneakers. After growing up to realize what having a military dad feels like, he fell in love with the profession and sadly looked up to his dad. He wanted to own everything camo which was very childish but understandable.

I open his wardrobe and there are fewer clothes than before. His school bag is missing, yes he might've worn that to school same with the shoes. I plump down on his mattress looking over his room, remembering the times we used to have fun when he was still that innocent chubby kid. I loved holding him and taking care of him while mum worked three jobs, he reminded me of Prince...

Jordan was nothing like Prince finally.
He was his person and had his terms. At age three, he hated being cuddled or called sweet names but Prince was... Prince.

I pull the drawer by his bedside and a white envelope catches my eyes.
I tear it open and it's a letter from Jordan to us.

It says...

To Mum, Mikey & T-boy...

I scoff in detest for referring to me with that name.

I know you guys will try to look for me so don't...
I've gone to look for Dad, I know he's somewhere waiting for us to come get him, maybe that's why he hasn't returned for six years.
I see him in my dreams crying, mum... He wants us to help him.
He's stuck in the enemy's trap in that country and I'm gonna rescue him.
I could have done this with you guys but you don't care about Dad as I do.
Mum talks about him like he doesn't exist, Mikey hates mentioning his name while Tboy is all about her friends and school.
So it's my mission to rescue him and that's what I'll do. DON'T LOOK FOR ME!

"What the hell?" I yell. "What country is he talking about?" I murmur to myself rushing downstairs in a hurry to meet Mikey.

"Mikey read this" I threw the paper at him. He shuffles it open and scans through it.

"I never thought I'd end up with a delusional brother" he chuckles. "He must be nuts for thinking this," Mikey says, throwing the paper away.

"Is that all you have to say? Can't you see he's deliberately left home and could be in danger?!!"

Mikey sits up from where he almost dozed off. "I tried that once, it's not a new thing" he waves off.

"And look where that got you!" I retorted, sparking his fury again.

"The f**k Tboy? don't push me!" He warns.

"Then you better start acting like the mature person here, not me. Your only brother has gone missing and all you can sit here to say is that he's deranged? He's just ten Mikey, you were nineteen when you left, at least that's some huge gap!" I bark, blinking away the tears.

"I've gotta call mum. She needs to know already" I leave him to get my phone upstairs.

King-Cairo is under the duvet, snoring like a little kitten caught in the cold. After our make-out session, he fell right into it like he's been starved of sleep for days.

His curly hair is spread over the sheets. I watch as he furrows his thick brows and squeezes his pink lips due to the intense cold from the window side. My room is naturally chilly.
I sigh recalling why I was here in the first place. My phone.