Einsteins pov (23)

EINSTEIN HAT

"Dude can we head out already, Hamilton will be disappointed if we aren't there when he arrives. You know we need to get that car fixed and do some practice" I persuade Philip.

He's stoned from last night's event. If not for reasons best known to me I'd have given last night the best time of my life. The stash was utterly good, I made a mental note to remember and get the dealer's contact from Phil.

Philip drags himself to the bathroom muttering regrettable words at me for being a horrible friend.

After last night's face-off with Emma I ditched him for a clearer head and let him find his way home, lucky enough, Florida had his drivers on stand-by for any drunk individual.

"Philip get your act together, we need to leave okay? We've spent hours sleeping off our destinies, man!" I yell as I hear him grunt by the mirror. It's his usual behavior whenever he doesn't look his best.

Clearly, Philip takes much interest in his looks, he feels the need to often look his best even after slumbering, that's stupid.

He'd spend a whole hour setting his hair, exfoliating his skin like a sissy. It's shocking how he still manages to be at the top list of sprinters at May blossom high.

We were an unlikely two, we didn't blend as friends in people's opinion, Phil was the extrovert yet badass boy while I was the closed-off introvert who has dark skeletons in his cupboard but the nice thing about our friendship is that we share the same ground on girls.

I don't like girls, not like I'm gay or something but it's been from several experiences. We've seen how manipulative and dangerous women can be and it does no good to be nice to them.

Philip never knew his mother, he only heard stories of her from his dad, of how she was working hard to provide for them, he didn't understand the impact until he got older and discovered his mum left his dad for a richer, more famous man.

Since then he decided he didn't need her dirty money anymore and moved out of his dad and stepmom's home.

I got to find out he was involved in an illegal underground car race that paid well, that's how he made his money.
At that time I needed independence also, so he linked me up.

While I drove us both to the Hamilton workshop I thought about inviting Dad to come to watch his boy become a man like he always advised me to, but I needed to fix Miller up for tomorrow, and driving downtown was out of the list.

We have a five thousand dollar race to win tomorrow night at the Grooves underground and nothing comes before that.

A message from Eric pops up asking where I am and if I can make it to breakfast.

I scoff dryly.

"Who's that man?" Phil takes his eyes off his phone for the first time since he got in the car.

"Nothing... Just Eric"

"Oh yeah? The favorite child. What he want?"

"Fuckin patronizing me to breakfast with them, probably play pretend with mother" I grab the wheels tight taming my fury.

My brother is part of my bane, my anger issues. It's the way he acts all happy and nice like our family isn't in shambles, like the way dad left us wasn't abnormal, like mum was accommodating.

Sometimes I look at Eric and swear never to live like him, a pretentious, sly teenager who finds solace in women. At least I don't whore around to run from my demons, I face them.

Everyone thinks he's that sweet charming captain of the football team. Then I'm the heartbreaker because I'm scary. I'm the twin who never smiles or jokes around, I'm the bad guy. But no one knows Eric as much as I do.