Emma's Pov (57)

I bite my lip drawing blood, but I don't seem to mind as my attention is fiercely on the famous couple who just walked into the cafe.
I jab at the poor cabbages in my tray unconsciously, Einstein looked so breathtaking as I stared.

His black hair was styled so wonderfully to match his strong male attitude. Today he isn't in leather jackets, rather he wore a blue polo shirt and jeans with the world's best Balmain shoes which I'm certain cost a fortune from the way they stood out from the rest of us.

Crème on the other hand would never disappoint with her stunning looks. The girl knows how to mesmerize folks with her glamorous taste. As slender as she is, it's a wonder how she tends to look fair and apt in every cloth she slips into. Her rich blond healthy hair is curled stylishly bouncing around whenever she stirs.

The way she throws herself at him, the way he responds like the perfect boyfriend, and smiles at every word she says hurt me. That's why I kept biting my lip and stabbing at my vegetables and wondering why I suddenly cared so much about them.

It didn't have to be so miserable like this until he kissed me! Why did he do that?_ At that time when he kissed me out of the blues, I was still tryna wrap my head around it when he began to apologize, bursting my bubbles. He drove me home in awkward silence and to date had no courtesy of ending the awkwardness between us.

Presently he's all free and happy with his trophy girlfriend while I'm stuck in my head with these feelings for him.

I've lost my appetite as it is. I see Crème feed him a forkful of meat and he chews on it before wiping his lips with a white paper. My tummy churns with jealousy.

"You'll wound yourself Em, and why have you suddenly picked interest in Einstein?" Cheryl interrupts my thoughts.

"Did something happen between the both of you?" Her curious eyes searched me up.

I shake my head in denial so quickly that she suspects.

"You're a bad liar. I know everyone is jealous of them but the way you seem to glare at her is different!"

I sigh, turning to Cheryl. "What do you want me to say?!... I don't_ my head's messed up for real" I confess, pushing my plate aside.

"How long has this been?" Cheryl asks but I don't say.

"I guess it's ever since he lifted you off the floor after you collapsed in the lab. What about Eric?... Your boyfriend?"

"I... I don't know. I love Eric no doubt, he's the best thing that's ever happened to me but I don't know why I'm suddenly thinking of someone else" I whisper the last few words. My heart trembled with fear that Cheryl might curse me for falling for someone else. I know she's been supportive of my relationship with Eric.

"Maybe you're just recovering some feelings that were lost in your memory"

"Feelings?... Does it mean I had feelings for him before?" I ponder glancing his way.

She shrugs.

"It feels familiar, so familiar and it's consuming me by the day. The whole night I couldn't sleep. It was like I was waiting for daybreak to see him. Hoping he might walk up to me or something" I sigh.
"I guess this image right over there will haunt my sleep"

"If he doesn't then you go talk to him" Cheryl suggests.

"What? And say what?"

"I dunno, start up a conversation about anything. You extroverts hardly lack words"

"I'm no extrovert. He's so intimidating with his looks, for real" I mutter turning back to watch them once more. I see they're done eating and Crème is standing, waiting for him to be done with his heated conversation with Florida.

"Eric!" I whisper yell when I see him walk in alongside some of his teammates. His face is bruised.

My thoughts have been on Einstein ever since he dropped me off that I forgot to check on my boyfriend. Or maybe it was the guilt that ate at me for kissing his twin and liking it. I didn't want Eric to find out even though it was a mistake and he apologized. So I mentally drove the thought of Eric and our supposed date outta my head.

He doesn't seem to be looking for me I guess. He evades his brother's table to the next empty one. His loyal friends Texas and Oliver settle with him.

"I thought he called in sick, why is he here?" Cheryl asks and I shrug.

"Must've missed school" I suggest feeling guilty for not knowing how he's doing.

"Nah, that's not the Eric I know he seems_" Cheryl stops as she realizes how that sounds. She coughs slightly. "Well, I'm not saying I know him so well, just..."

"I get it. Let's just get out of here please" I hurry to grab my plate to facilitate our exit. Cheryl rushed hers too.

We're on our way to class when I see Mindy Brookes having a Tete with Yvonne Novald. The school's bad bitch has returned.

Mindy throws some inaudible threats her way before stepping out.

I follow her to her locker, where she's cooling off and applying some makeup.

"Hi Mindy" I start. She jolts me by banging her locker so hard and flares up. "What again?!!"

"It's me, Emma," I say with my hands in surrender. I hope she doesn't think I'm her rival.

"Yes, Emma, what is it?"

I roll my eyes at her rude reply.

"Well, I was thinking you'd help me with your camera flash. Maybe some videos left will be of good help to me" I request obediently. Threading cautiously because I don't wanna stir her anger.

"Are you daft or something? Were you sent here to ruin me?!"

"What? No... You said I could come around anytime if I need some help remembering some of my past"

"Did I say that?" She frowns in unbelievable shock.

"Yeah, you did, at the bleachers while doing your community service. You stayed with me when my migraine was so bad, remember?" I press.

She thinks for a while before looking back at me. "Well I was so bored then and I said lots of things. I don't have any videos of anybody or anything with me. It all got deleted by the school board so disintegrate" she shoves me off with her neat long fingers.

"Please Mindy you promised, I know you have something but you're skeptical about it and I understand but I need to remember myself. I feel so lost at times so I really really need to see some things. I promise I'll not tell or share"

"You must be the stupidest thing I've ever seen, how is it my problem that you lost yourself?" She chuckles maliciously.

"Move!!" She nudges me before walking down the aisle.

I'm fuming with anger for her insolence. To think she changed for good!

***

Being five feet four isn't enough height to see above the tall giraffes we have in science class. I tip on my toes to peep at the notice board where the exam timetable was pasted and names were paired for the termly project.

It's a norm for seniors to be given projects to work on and to be submitted a week after exams before we all can vacate for the Christmas holiday.

I wait for the tall ones to be done before I can check mine out when I see Einstein walking up to the board alongside Crème.

I duck behind a tall guy, not wanting him to see me. I mentally facepalm myself for acting in such a shameful way. Why am I suddenly shy in his presence?

I watch as people move over for them. His eyes cringe closer like he can't see properly, Crème offers to help him but he grunts and carries on pointing at a particular reg number. His eyes go around the area probably looking for someone. It doesn't seem to settle on a particular person so he walks off, Crème hurrying behind.

Finally, the coast is clear and I can see the board. That's when I realized our registration numbers weren't what was up here but our names! Our freaking names!!!

And mine was paired with his, screw me.

.
.
.
.
.
🙏🏼 Tag at least five people to get this nice story out there😘