Third party Pov (38)

The night blooms with the best music, everyone's feeling the moment, the nights of partying, sightseeing and experiencing a new city. It's everything Eric wished Hawaii to be like.

He's not a drinker nor a lover of smokes but since Emma's arrival he's been on edge, afraid he'll not be good enough for her. The poor girl has suffered so much and she needs someone to shoulder her pains not add to it. He hates himself for not being a better boyfriend, for not checking up on her as he'd promised he would before his departure.

He watches her from afar with the rest of the people dancing on the white sand as she swings her hips to the beat. She and her roomie Kendal have suddenly become very close, he deduces, from the way they've been hanging around each other like Siamese twins.

Kendal, Landon Brookes puppy as his teammates referred to her. She's never been a relevant figure to him. She was never his class and she could never measure up to the caliber of people he hung out with plus, she's besties with his sworn enemy Landon Brookes.

Landon who thinks Eric snatched his ex Shania from him. But the truth is that Shania got tired of his boring ass and the fact he has a lapdog around him all the time. They almost got into a number of fist fights if not for the intervention of friends and teammates.

Emma rushes over to him like a child in ecstasy.  He's quick to throw the blunt away and gulp down a drink.

"Babe wassup?"

"Why are you sitting over here alone Like you're sulking? Come join us on the dance floor" she sings, dragging him by the arm.

He overpowers her strength and draws her to his laps before she could drag another word he's kissing her, with passion.
His able arms roaming around her rear causing her to cup his bony jaw and deepening the kiss, she melts into him.

Einstein puffs off a long swirling smoke, his cloudy eyes could still see them from where he sat. His heart clenches in jealousy, the nice feeling he got from the blunt wasn't nice anymore.

"I'm disappointed in you dude" Philip says beside him.

"I don't care"

"I can't believe you really like her!... When did you become soft?"

"It's none of your business Phil, just let it go already"

"No I won't!... We promised to stay off girls and love but you've broken those promises so quickly. Have you forgotten how fucked up they can be? Have you forgotten my mother?... Yours too?!" He barks in rage.

"No, I haven't forgotten! All these girls you sleep with what's with that too?_"

"We didn't swear celibacy, Stein we swore never to get attached, never to be vulnerable to these things. I respected you cos of that and of all people it's that rottweiler!"

Einstein bolts from his position and gags his friend by the throat.

"I'm warning you for the last time Phil, don't call her names in my presence or else I'll give you a serious wound that you'll live to remember. Get it?!!" He yells pushing him away. Phil stumbles to the sand coughing out.

"I've decided to be more mature than I was" Einstein says before leaving his friend to a more peaceful place.

Yvonne chunks down her fifth bottle of Ciroc hoping it would give her the courage she needs to pour out her mind. She's been dying to do so for a long time and no other time than now. At least his girlfriend is miles away. She staggered to where Landon stood with his friends playing pool.
She latches her arm in his dragging him to a corner for the sake of privacy.