Kendall's Pov (48)

"Why are we here Lan?" I fold my hands waiting for him to speak. He sent a note in class to meet him at the love garden during lunchtime so here we are.

"What's so important that you have to make me skip lunch?" I don't give him chance to feel comfortable around me since he decided that being an ass hole to my boyfriend was cool.

His pretty eyes flicker around the scene, I'm not sure what they're searching for but he hesitates to speak.

"Alright, I'm done" I announce throwing my hands up. He grabs me before I can.

"I'm so sorry K, I've been a douchebag to you and everyone recently. And it's because I didn't make it to the competition... Dad has been on my neck ever since, the pressure is unbearable" he falters in his last words choking up tears.

"I'm tired" he whispers amidst the silence, my heart melts for him.

"Landon" I squeak in tenderness drawing closer, my shaky hands raising his face to mine.

"It's okay, you're gonna be fine. You remember what I told you about not letting him get to you?"

He doesn't respond but I continue. "This is not your last chance to prove yourself, Lan, you're still the best hundred meters sprinter our school's ever got and you'll seize your opportunity when it presents" I assure him.

"How do I do that when I'll soon be ripped out of school?!"

"What? How do you mean?"

"He's threatening to pull me out of here to study business abroad. He's already processing my papers K."

My hands fall to my side. The feeling of nostalgia engulfs me at the thought of not having Landon around anymore. We'll be countries apart. How do I cope with such?

"That can't happen, Lan, you can't let him do that to you, at least let him understand that?!" I whine, my heart is heavy.

He's pulling at his hair "I know that K and I don't wanna leave you. I don't wanna leave May blossom high, at least not yet. I promised myself I'd win that gold medal and I will" he heaves.
At this moment we're both puffing off hot air and this is not the proper place to do so.

I grab his hand to the old dilapidated restroom avoiding the number of stares we were getting.

"Why are we here?" He looks confused.

"You wanna let people know you're having a meltdown?... I don't think so"

"I'm not having a meltdown. I just_"

"I'll miss you if you leave" I confess. I don't care if it came off wrongly. I just had to bare my thoughts before it'll be too late.

"Please don't leave me... We've been here for each other since we began to crawl and I'm sorry I haven't been there for you as a friend but I can't think of you in a different country. We were supposed to go to college together, remember?"

He nods, holding my shoulder. I feel so little as he does that. "I swear to you Kendall Levy, I'll never leave you for anywhere else. I'd rather be disowned by my dad than leave you here all alone... You get that?" He says in his most serious yet assuring tone.

He's looking into my eyes probably waiting for my reply, I nod in agreement feeling my heart pound at such proximity. We gaze into each other's eyes, reading the promises and friendships we've built over the years.

He sinks his left hand in my dark hair, gathering a bunch of it.

"I love your hair... It's silky" he whispers with full concentration.