Kendall's Pov (29)

We climb the stairs to my porch in silence, King is behind me making sure I don't trip or have another attack.

It's been so long since I had an asthma attack that I didn't deem it necessary to carry an inhaler with me. I'm so grateful to King for rescuing me back there.

My hands tremble as we make it to the front door, tomato sauce fills the air noting dinner will be ready soon.

"Thanks for getting me home, can we not say anything about tonight to my mum, we're not in a good place now?" I plead, his tender eyes watching me.

"I understand your fears but she's a nurse and I think it's best she knows in case of further complications"

"There won't be any complications, this attack was a one-time incident, Jess was being inconsiderate"

"When was the last time you had an attack?" He asks.

"I can't remember_"

"Exactly!" He interrupts. "Kendal, what I saw you experience this night doesn't seem like a one-time something. Maybe for tonight but it likely has been garnering, and does it have to take someone infuriating you to have another attack?..."

I bite my lower lip, he's telling the truth but I still can't tell Carmen about it. We're in a very bad place since discovering about my late brother Prince. She never thought to apologize to Jordan and me. She still regards us as kids who can never understand her reasons and I swear I won't give her room.

"What did she say to you?... Jessica Caurie. I thought you guys were friends?"

"We were until she began these ceaseless accusations" I sigh. "I don't wanna talk about it, King."

"Of course, I'm sorry to hear that. It's just, I know how difficult it is to handle an obsessed lover"

"What?!... Jess obsessed?..." I ask curiously.

"Isn't it obvious? She's so obsessed with Landon Brookes. That's why she's acting up towards people she thinks are a threat to her relationship"

"H...how did you_"

"There's no other reason best friends will fight each other if a guy isn't involved."

Oh God, everything is getting so messy and this isn't what I planned my teenage life to be.

"How do you know she's obsessed by the way? Have you been like that before?" I enquire.

He chuckles lightly.

"No, let's say I was once a victim of an obsessed lover back in junior year. I didn't think it was a big deal when she began quarreling with all my friends, from little altercations to huge fights that finally left me lonely and friendless. Yet she wanted more from me, more than I had. I began to despise her lying possessiveness. It got so bad that the thought of seeing her in school became scary" I watch as King squeezes a dry leaf with his foot, deep in thought.

"But I didn't want to seek my parent's famous help in my petty high school drama." He laughs dryly.

"Why? They'd definitely wanna help"

"Yeah, they would. But to my mum nothing was free. Everything was publicity to her. She would've done a high school reality show about my ugly experience and cast me in the show. I didn't want that, I'm done airing my whole life on camera. I grew up with little privacy so I cherish the little I can get"

"Oh, no wonder you don't like public display of affection" I chide him.

"It's not my thingy. I love my privacy, we don't know the value of it till we become famous. Publicity can destroy your mental health in a matter of months if you don't take care, of the tabloids, paparazzi, and stuff. You may not understand me"