Emma's Pov (51)

The pristinely white lab coat is neatly ironed and hung in my locker as I unhang and slide into it. It looks perfect on me.

It's been a while since I was involved in the chem practicals, I missed doing magic with the chemicals there. Surprisingly I'm good at it.

Cheryl waves at me and we all file into the lab, following all due process. First, wash your hands, sanitize them, button up, and have your booklets at hand.

I wait at our table for Cheryl to get our solutions from the inner room. We're both in the same group plus a guy named Austin. He's yet to arrive.

A tall neat looking man walks down the rows of tables inspecting the activities, when he gets to mine he stops and frowns my way.

"I hope you don't rush over the practicals without your mates? to avoid another laboratory accident" His stern look shakes me up.

"Good, teamwork pays," he says and continues on his track.

A girl at the other table gives me a warm smile. "Don't mind Mr. Edwin he's scary but he cares about you"

"I guess everyone thinks of me as clumsy" I massage the scar on my left hand. In months I've gotten two scars all thanks to HIM!

"My name's Aurora," the nice girl says, extending her hand.

"I'm Emma_" she cuts in before I can finish. "Everyone knows that. You're quite popular"

"Eric Hat's girlfriend"

"Oh," I respond. Cheryl returns with another guy, I guess that's Austin.

Aurora returns to her table and we start on our assignment.
The door lets open and Crème walks in followed by Einstein and his racer friend Philip.

The trio draws attention to their grand entrance. Everywhere fills with a murmur and someone suddenly shouts

"Behold our bronze medalist!!!" Everyone starts clapping as Philip waves back.

He whispers something to Einstein but he shoves him away.

I can hear Crème loud enough from where I'm at as she turns to Philip and says.

"And you're proud of it? Landon Brookes would've won us the gold medal if you weren't so keen on taking his position. You should focus on car races only" she says dryly before taking a seat at their empty table. It seems they were assigned to the same group. Was it a pre planned event?

Einstein doesn't say a thing as his eyes move around the room, I'm not sure what he's looking for until they land on me. His once stern face melts into somewhat relief but is cut short by his girlfriend giggling beside him, tucking her hand in his Jacket.

"I wonder what motivated him to be here today? Or is it the need to show off with his rich babe?" Austin murmurs while setting up the burette.

"Can we concentrate please?" Cheryl gets serious.

"Uh... Can I ask you something, Cher?" I begin.

She looks up from filling out a table.

"Why didn't tell me it was him who drove me to LA? That we flew together to Hawaii"

Her expression becomes tight. This is how it often goes whenever I wanna talk about my past with her or Eric. She starts to make a bland expression like I'd developed two heads.

"I must've thought you'd recall that"

"But you knew I didn't"

"Yeah_ it must've slipped my mind then" she assures carrying on with her work.