Chapter 3

For a month, Jimin attempted to summon the courage to visit her at the ramen shop. However, he could only manage to park his car beside the alley and admire her from afar before eventually departing.  Concealing her misery behind her vibrant smile, she would serve her customers until dusk and then work next part-time at a convenience store till dawn.

Despite the difficulties that life had thrown her way, Yun Enuya radiated a kindness that Jimin found irresistible. Even catching a glimpse of her from afar was enough to make his heart swell with warmth, and he couldn't believe the depth of feeling she stirred within him. It was as though she possessed a power to awaken emotions in him that he had never before experienced.

Though they shared similar pain, she was totally the opposite of him.

If he was darkness, she was a light,

He was tainted and she was pure

She was the bright side of the twisted world and he was the thing that made the world twisted.

It was ominous that the sin had fallen in love with virtue. However, he was no longer in control of the heart that only yearned for her presence.

"I should stop thinking about her" Jimin murmured shaking her head to gain back his concentration to go through papers and documents strewn on the surface of a large oak desk.

The study room was cloaked in darkness, except for the warm amber glow of a desk lamp illuminating the center of the space. The air hung heavy with the pungent smoke of a cigar, drifting from between the lips of the room's lone occupant. Thick curtains, drawn tightly shut, kept out any trace of natural light, casting the room into a perpetual twilight. The only sound that could be heard was the soft rustling of papers as  Jimin pored over his documents, surrounded by the knowledge and secrets of his father's empire.

His concentration was again disrupted when his phone vibrated. Setting the files aside he received the phone without bothering to check the caller id.

"Hello.."

"Jimin please help me" the voice he was yearning for pleaded with him in a trembling voice.

"They have come for me again, I don't know what to do" In a hushed tone, she revealed. But before she could delve deeper into her dire situation, the phone line was abruptly disconnected. With a sense of urgency, Jimin sprang out of his seat and made a beeline for the garage. The sound of his footsteps echoed through the empty corridors as he made his way to the underground parking lot. Reaching his bike, he wasted no time in starting the engine and speeding off toward her apartment. 

In no time, he reached in front of the building which looked more like a rundown house. He halted the bike and ascended down. With doubt and fear taking over his entire senses he called her again.

"Pick up! Pick up" He gritted his teeth and when there was no response he frantically ran up to her floor.

When he reached her flat, its state made Jimin gasp in shock. The entire apartment was now trashed into a mess. The furniture was upside down, pictures and vases broken down into pieces, and dishes all smashed into dust. With trembling fingers he dialed her number again and this time he could hear the faint sound of buzzing of a cell coming from somewhere near.

Jimin's heart pounded in his chest as he followed the faint sounds, tiptoeing through the silent house until he arrived at a closed door. He could hear her whimpering softly from the other side. He opened the door gently and saw a large cupboard in the corner of the room. Without hesitation, he hurried over to it and flung it open, revealing a huddled figure inside.

Enuya was sitting on the floor, her knees drawn up to her chest and her arms wrapped tightly around them. Her face was twisted in terror, and she was trembling all over. Jimin's heart went out to her as he saw how frightened she was. He crouched down beside her, placing a gentle hand on her shoulder. "It's okay," he whispered. "I'm here now."

"Jimin" She squeaked and letting out a sigh of relief he immediately engulfed her into his protective arms. 

As soon as she was enveloped in his warm arms, Enuya let out a torrent of tears, her cries filled with trauma and anguish.

"You are safe now," Jimin assured her as he kissed the crown of her head, rocking her to and fro in his arms.

Following their harrowing hunting experience, Jimin brought Enuya to his mansion. mansion realizing it was not safe to leave her alone. He realized it was unsafe to leave her alone, so, he made the decision to keep her under his protection. Knowing that she hadn't had a decent meal in over a week, he instructed his maid to prepare some warm, nourishing food for her, and to prepare a room where she could rest and recuperate.

"What happened?" Jimin questioned watching her clean the bowl of soup in a matter of seconds.

"Loan sharks" her voice came out hoarse as she spoke.

"I had borrowed some money from them for my restaurant but my father disappeared with all of the money. Later on, his body was found but the money..." Her words were cut off by a series of hiccups.

"Since I can't pay them back, they want to force me into prostitution" she sniffed and Jimin passed her his handkerchief which she took mouthing 'thank you'.

"The day I first met you, I was running away from them, I was lucky you found me but I would call myself more fortunate if your car would kill me instead" Enuya broke down in front of Jimin cleaning her nose with his handkerchief.

"It's better than to be forced into prostitution" she spoke in between her sobs.

"Enuya, look at me please,"With a tender touch, Jimin lifted Enuya's chin, coaxing her gaze to meet his. Despite the puffiness of her eyes and the redness of her nose, he offered her a gentle smile, his eyes brimming with concern and tenderness.

"I will help you with your debt" Enuya looked at Jimin with wide eyes in disbelief.

"You..." She stammered as she could no longer form any words out of her lips.

"If you don't mind you can stay here and work as one of my staff. Recently a few of my staff quit, we have been searching for a replacement" Jimin proposed and genuinely smiled at her. His eyes crinkled up into cute little slits as he did.

"Remember, I am not doing you any favor. The money you owe me will be deducted every month from your salary with five percent interest.." Jimin got interrupted in the middle because Enuya was on her knees bowing down to him nearly touching his feet. In shock, Jimin shifted back but she reminded in her position her shoulder vibrating as she sobbed her heart out. However, after a long time, it was not due to her misery but sheer happiness.