Chapter 27

Baekhyun sighed for the umpteenth time staring at the contact name he had given to W in his phone as he deliberated whether to press the call button or not. 'Ice Princess' exactly fitted her as her personality was cold as ice and her visual was as breathtaking as a princess of some magical world.

It had already been three days since he had last seen his princess's face and her absence was tearing him mercilessly.

The way W treated him had immensely hurt his feelings hence he had decided to ignore her hoping she would eventually recognize his worth and come back around, however, after getting no response from her he was slowly realizing what a flop his idea was to begin with.

Baekyung was aware that W didn't have romantic feelings for him and the only reason she was tolerating him was that he looked like her dead lover. Knowing the truth was like chaining his heart with thorny vines but it didn't stop him from craving for her like an addict.

"What a fool I have become?" he sighed again as he brushed the permanent ink little below his palm.

The tattoo was simple with a cursive W with the numbers 10.5.13 written below nevertheless it held great meaning to him. It was the date he had first seen his ice princess, the day he had joined KIA to train to become a special agent.

Just like in a cliche romantic movie, it was first sight love for him but then he wondered if there was anyone, who was able to save their heart from being shot by the cupid's bow after their first encounter with her.

She had the kind charm that would effortlessly draw people towards her to be willingly wrapped around her tiny little fingers however things turned more permanent for him when he saw her smiling for the first time.

It was such a refreshing sight to see the girl who barely gave any facial expression other than the resting bitch face, giggling freely without the care of the world.

Oh, how he wished he was the one who had brought the smile to her beautiful face but unfortunately it was another guy. A guy who looked awfully similar to him but different in every other way.

Baekhyun clenched his fist at the memory of her smiling and laughing with him. V was the only guy she had ever shown her genuine smile. He was the only guy who was able to break the walls around her and sneaked into her soul.

Even his name was a bitter taste to his tongue and he quickly sipped the coffee in an attempt to erase it.

His mind was brought back to the present when an unfamiliar guy plopped on the couch in front of him. Thinking he was just a random person in the restaurant, he continued with his thoughts when the man placed a white envelope on the table before them gaining his attention.

 Baekhyun ceased his forehead in confusion and the sinister smile the man was flashing him made uneasiness bubble in the pit of his stomach. Something about the man seemed really off and for an unknown reason, he started to be more curious about the content inside the envelope.

Throwing his doubts and suspicion at the back of his mind, Baekhyun moved forward, took the envelope, and opened it.

Beads of sweat formed in his forehead as he intensely stared at the picture of the woman he loved tied on a bed entirely beaten up. He felt like his entire world had collapsed.

Baekhyun gulped as his heart picked up its pace. His eyes darted back man and something clicked in his mind enabling him to identify the man.

Mint hair, pale face, and a devilish smirk tugged on his lips, Baekhyun internally cursed himself for not recognizing the Heir of the Min clan renowned for his ruthless nature.

His eyes flickered back to the photo and the pang in his chest started to hike up resulting in tears to well up in his eyes.

"Where is she?" he snarled through his gritted teeth.

"Alive, but don't know for how long. However, that could change if you are willing to cooperate" Baekhyun flared his nose as his hands began to shake due to intense anger building up inside.

"What do I need to do?" Baekhyun spoke bluntly knowing the longer W would be in their hands the more she would have to suffer.

He could not even imagine the things they might do to her after all she was the one who caused their downfall. The simper plastered in Yoongi's face widened as he made himself more comfortable on the couch by leaning back.

"First thing first, this stays between us and even if KIA gets a hint of it, the deal ends along with her life" Baekhyun's figure tensed hearing his word and he nodded his head hesitantly.

"I want my men back"

"Are you out..." Yoongi shushed the man down by placing his finger on his lips.

"Calm down mate! We don't want people around to be alert now do we?"Baekhyun clasped his lips tight, his chest rising and falling trying to keep down his rage.

"It's up to you to decide how important she is, everything is in your hand. All you need to do is free some prisoners from the jail and you get your girl back or else I will send you a video of her getting tortured and fucked by my men " he grinned showing off his gummy smile showing no remorse for the way he talked about a girl's life.

"Don't you dare lay your dirty hands on her" Baekhyun banged his fist into the table gaining attention from other customers who were a little far from their table.

They started whispering looking at them. Yoongi turned his head toward the people and gave them a polite smile to ease their skeptical look then shifted his attention back to Baekhyun and when he did Yoongi's expression darkened making Baekhyun's heart shudder in fear.

Staring right into Baekhyun's eyes he took his cell phone and made a call.

After a few rings, someone received the call from the other side and Yoongi growled in a deep low voice "Jimin fuck that bitch to death like you wanted..."

"No no no" Baekhyun jumped up from his seat and begged in panic cutting off Yoongi in middle.

"I will do it, I will do whatever you asked so don't hurt her, Please!!" he pleaded in one breath.

Yoongi ended the call and shoved his cell phone back into his pocket.

"Good" His demeanor changed into a calm one and both of them composed their posture to be less suspicious for onlookers.

"I will need someone to help me so I will have to tell some of my men" Baekhyun announced in low voice.

"I don't care, just make sure you bring my people or else that I will deliver her to you in pieces" Yoongi hissed in a low voice leaning to the front making sure only Baekhyun could listen to his threat.

Baekhyun knew it wasn't just an empty threat and he was capable of doing everything he was claiming to do if he didn't agree with him.

Right now the only thing that was in his mind was W and her safety. She was the only thing that mattered to him so he nodded his head without a second thought.

"Good," Yoongi sank back at the couch and crossed his leg.

"As per our information at the end of this month, certain special prisoners are being shifted to the highly secured jail in Busan. Take this as an opportunity to free them and bring them to the address we give you and in return take the girl away"

Baekhyun closed shut his eyes accessing the risk he had to take to free them. Betraying Kia meant a lifetime in prison but he had no choice. He needed to find a way to rescue them so that he would have his woman back

"If you try anything fishy I will not even blink my eyes before shredding her" Yoongi ended the sentence with a spin chilling grin then stood up from the couch straightening his coat

"Nice doing business with you, see you soon" with that the mint-haired guy disappeared from his sight leaving him perplexed and anxious.

****