Chapter 2

Jimin and Enuya sat together at the brunch table, enveloped in a comfortable silence. Jimin noticed Enuya's eyes wandering all over the room in awe as she took a bite of her food. It was not uncommon for people outside of their world to be awestruck, as everything in Jimin's mansion was extravagant. The interior was a fusion of royal blue and gold, and the walls were adorned with gold damask-designed wallpaper, exuding a Victorian-era charm. The floor was covered in a crimson carpet with gold embroidery, adding to the grandeur of the room. Enuya's eyes were transfixed on the huge chandelier made of Swarovski crystals that hung in the center of the room, captivating her attention for the entire meal

"So do you like  the food?" Jimin asked her with a sly smile cutting the Japanese Wagyu steak.

His question made her snap her head down at the food in front of her "Yes very much" Her cheeks flushed in embarrassment as she cut the piece of steak and shoved it into her mouth.

A soft chuckle escaped Jimin's lips as he observed Enuya's flustered state, but he soon composed himself and cleared his throat to draw her attention back to him.

"So, tell me about yourself, Miss Yun. Where do you live?" Jimin attempted to initiate a conversation.

With a hesitant tone, she disclosed the location of her residence "I live on the east side of the city." The area didn't have a good reputation and was even considered a slum by some people therefore, she quickly jumped to change the topic.

"I work as an assistant chef in a ramen shop in the city center," She revealed, and her face lit up with enthusiasm.

"Dendu Ramen. Have you ever been there?" she questioned and when Jimin shook his head the glee in her face slightly dropped.

"It's a quaint little place tucked away in an alley, but it's quite popular among the locals," she elaborated. "You should come by sometime. I'll treat you to a bowl of ramen."

"I would love to" He replied with shared excitement.

"What about your family?" He asked taking a sip of juice.

Enuya's expression faltered and her body visibly went stiff at his question. Setting the fork to the side of her plate she first composed herself before answering him "I don't have one".

Jimin froze for a while then placing the glass back on the table, he apologized.

"I'm sorry" 

"No it's all fine" She waved him off with a smile.

"Can I ask what happened ?" he asked her gazing at her with tender-filled eyes.

"Hmm" She placed a few strands of her behind the back of her ears and began "My mother, she left us for another man when I was still a child" She ceased to swallow the thick lump formed in her throat and then continued.

"My father was alcoholic so it's understandable why would she leave him" 

"It was me and my father for a long time. Life was manageable, I was working to save money to open up my own ramen shop until..." she paused as moisture accumulated on the corner of her eye.

"After disappearing for a week, police found his body in a gutter" As tears slipped down her cheeks nonstop, she excused herself with an embarrassed smile and wiped her face clean with the tissues beside her platter.

Something crunched inside of him realizing Enuya was exactly in the same position as he was. She had lost her father to alcohol just like he had lost his mother. He could empathize with the pain she was going through.

Jimin knew the world was cruel but he felt it was unfair for an innocent person like her to suffer in such a harsh way. She was too pure for the twisted world so he felt a sudden urge to protect her, to comfort her. In a moment he stood up from his seat and wrapped his arms around her.

He rubbed her back to the console. He wanted to assure her things would get better and she would be fine but decided not to speak as false hope was not what she needed at the moment.

The remaining hours of the morning passed in a haze, and before Jimin knew it, the time had come for Enuya to leave. He wished he could keep her by his side, but he knew he couldn't, not when his world was even worse than the one she was already living in.

Enuya bowed deeply, her head nearly touching the ground as she expressed her gratitude to Jimin. "Thank you so much for everything," she said, her voice full of emotion.

Jimin's heart felt like it was carrying the weight of the whole world but he forced a smile and nodded his head.

"If you need any help call me" Jimin handed her his card which she took using both of her hands and again bowed down twice to express her gratitude.

"Hoseok will drop you at your house, I wish you the very best" Giving her a faint smile, he turned around to face the huge window shoving his hands into his pockets.

Jimin closed his eyes shut as his heart yelled at him to stop her but his mind warned him otherwise. He reminded himself again and again that the world he was living in was hell and selfishly keeping her would be like dragging an innocent soul to purgatory.

He mentally mocked himself for feeling such an attachment to the girl he had just met. But his affection wasn't just for her physical appearance rather he saw the reflection of his younger self in her.  

He heard her soft mumbles thanking him followed by the sound of footsteps that slowly faded away and completely disappeared when the door closed shut.

With a heavy heart, Jimin drew in a deep breath and reluctantly opened his eyes, gazing out the window at the sight of her departing figure. As she grew smaller and smaller in the distance, he felt a pang of sadness and regret wash over him, knowing that her leaving meant the loss of the normality she had briefly brought into his life. Nevertheless, he was acutely aware that allowing her to go was the only right thing to do for her own safety and well-being.