Chapter 38

Clutching her shoulder to bear the stinging pain, W stumbled away from the clinic into a small alley. Her breathing was getting uneven and her heart paced erratically as she hid her small body behind the dumpster.

She then took out the handy she had stolen from Jimin and without wasting a second, she dialed the number and waited patiently for the person to pick up the call while she calmed her breathing.

As the voice of the person resonated from the other side, she blurted out.

"Chief it's me, W! I need you to send someone to pick me up I'm near Medic care clinic."

"W! You are alive??" The voice tingling with surprise questioned her immediately.

"Yes sir, I just escaped " She replied winching in pain "But I'm wounded" She informed him.

"Listen reach the location I will text you on this number and wait while I will send you my men " The chief instructed her and she nodded her head.

"On it, sir" Since it was very early in the morning, little to no one was on the road to notice her limply figure, making her way away from there. Fighting with the dizziness and her injuries, W crawled her way to the location she had memorized just before she destroyed the phone. When she reached her destination she was fully exhausted.

She looked around the cliff and found it a little unusual.

"Why would Cheif ask me to wait in such an open area?" she wondered.

"Maybe he thought Bangtang would definitely search for me and hiding in a motel would easily lead them to where I was" she mentally conversed with herself.

Fortunately, the cliff seemed to be deserted as well and she hunched down on the rocky ground still holding her wounded shoulder.

As she waited for her rescuers, her mind began to ramble towards Jimin making her heart twist in all possible ways. This time her betrayal must have surely made him hate her but it was better that way. She hoped he would give up on her now as she could no longer share the same space with people responsible for running her life.

Recollecting the faces of men she had given up her everything to throw them behind the bars, made the feeling of guilt intensify a hundred times more.

Those men were no longer imprisoned and now they would again get to enjoy their life in luxury earned by spilling innocent blood without a pinch of remorse.

She hid her face behind her arms feeling mentally and physically drained.

"I'm sorry Mom and Dad," she mumbled

"I'm sorry V, I failed to bring justice to you all" she spoke in defeat.

Her determination had finally crumbled down and all she could think was how she wanted everything to end and live a peaceful life.

"I wish this would end" She spoke to herself.

Her mind was brought back to reality when the screeching of tires was heard and she raised her head when she noticed the black car approaching her.

The car came to halt a few meters away from her and The Chief deputy of KIA and his right-hand man Xiumin climbed out of the car coming face to face with her.

Accumulating the remaining strength within her, W stood up on her wobbly legs and attempted to take a step forward but her legs froze when she noticed the chief lifting his hand and pointing the gun at her.

"Chief..." she trailed off in shock and the muscles in her body stiffened.

Why would he point the gun at her?