Chapter 22

W pulled her legs against her chest, rested her head over her knees, and let all the capped emotions escape from her eyes. Trying to keep up the facet of a strong woman when in reality being a person who could crumble down just with a mere touch was taking a toll on her.

"Tsk since when did I become a crybaby?" she muttered feeling her head throb due to the excessive strain she was going through.

Right now, she solely wished for him to be beside her, hold her and hear him say everything would be fine and that she could pass through any hurdles in her life but sadly she was alone.

Her life was empty just like a body with no soul.

For W, everything ended the day he had died.

He was her sunshine, the rainbow that had come to her life after years of heavy downpour. He was her only family after she had lost her real ones.

She had met V after Kia took her when she was just 11 years old. Before meeting him, she was just a walking and breathing corpse and V was the one who taught her how to laugh, to dream, to seek happiness in simple things in life. He was her wings that gave her confidence to fly to any height, however, like most of the stories in this cruel world, their story didn't have a happy ending either, and like she lost her family she lost him as well to the mafias.

She gritted her teeth as the bile bubbled inside her like hot lava waiting to erupt and destroy everything in her way remembering those pests that were fit to die in the gutter. If it was in her hands she would have slit the throat of every single one of them but as a fighter for justice she held on to her urges and handed the task over to KIA.

Her only regret was that she had to break Jimin in order to extinguish the flame of vengeance burning inside her for years.

In her fight with evil, Jimin was collateral damage she wished she could have avoided.

The buzzing of the cell phone dragged her back from her misery and she pulled the cell phone which was underneath her pillow and received the call.

"Yes Chief"

"We have removed Baekhyun as you requested and Sehun will be replacing him after he will return back from his mission" the Chief informed her.

"Till then can you manage, he will join after a day," He asked with a tinge of concern in his voice.

"Sure sir, it's not a dangerous mission that I will always need a backup, I can handle the boy for a day without any problem" she assured her boss.

"Also..." the chief paused for a second then resumed.

"I need you to completely gain the Jeon guy's trust so that he himself hand you over the secret of their business"

She gulped before replying "Why sir?"

"I suspect they are also involved with Min clan" The chief revealed making her body go tense. W nodded her head feeling her palm go sweaty.

"We have also received some tips on them regarding their business dealing with Cali cartel in Mexico. They are planning to expand beyond Asia" the stress lingering in his voice didn't go unnoticed by W.

"What is your order?" She asked in monotone preparing herself for what was coming.

"Agent W, You can be our biggest weapon against them. If he asks you to marry him, do it, get involved directly in their business now. Be our eyes and ear" W felt her heart sinking into the pit of the deepest ocean.

She recalled the time she got a similar order and how she had to destroy the kind-hearted guy, who had nothing to do with her revenge, a guy who was only soughting for love in this twisted world.

"Understood" she tried to speak in a neutral tone then cut the call off.

Right then the 'ding' sound coming from her other side of the room caught her attention and standing up from her bed, she shuffled to the couch where her temporary phone was laying. She then picked it up to see the messages.

Jungkook

Goodnight baby girl, I love you

She immediately replied faking her excitement

Yugin

I love you too

Have sweet dreams

She flipped her hair and scrunched it in frustration then threw her cell phone to smash it into parts.She wanted to run away from everything but then where could she go, she didn't even have proper identification and even she would try to run, KIA would catch her within no time, and betraying KIA meant serving a lifetime in prison.

To gain her freedom she had no choice but to keep her emotions under control and bear with it. She needed to go back to being the girl who could feel nothing only then she could complete the mission.

"Just one last time"

*****