Chapter 29

The words spoken by the obnoxious woman were ringing in her ears making her unable to think straight. Her mind was filled up with disgust and anger. Even though she had maintained her poker face the entire time, every word had stabbed her heart with a venom-laced dagger from the inside.

She clenched her jaw with the rush of bitterness building up within her and she came back to her real sense recognizing the fact that Jimin was with another woman while she was living in guilt for betraying him.

Now finally she could make sense out of Jimin's behavior. Of course, there was no way anyone would still want a person who had fucked them up real bad and left.

She wanted to laugh at herself for thinking his words were sincere and letting him waver her heart yet again.

After all, he was a gangster.

He had the same blood of his father running into his system and he was no better than all the criminals who used and kill people for their benefits.

Jimin was about to wrap her wound when she pulled her leg back.

"You don't need to act like you care " W retorted.

"Act?" he mused though he sounded strained as he darted his head up to meet her dim eyes.

"You really think by pretending to love me and doing these things you can win my trust and make me help you with your motives" She snickered as she leaned forward to match his level.

"Even if you break me into half I won't help you in any way. Those criminals will rot in that shitty jail like they deserve" she spoke in a vicious tone.

Her words fueled blazing wrath within him and thought of his brother suffering in the jail made it worst.

"That's not for you to decide" Jimin countered back coldly and her lips twitched as she maintained their intense eye contact.

Jimin inhaled a deep breath and let out a huff, forcing himself up from the ground.

She had already driven him to the edge of his patience but still, he was trying to maintain his cool for the sake of their relationship.

"Can't you see, I'm trying my best to make things work between us" His voice was much softer as he spoke this time. He placed his palm on her cheeks and gently traced circles trying to calm her down.

"Lets please stop this, you and I both know we love each other so let's keep the past behind and start afresh. Please try to be understanding like before" Jimin was oblivious to the pain that his words were causing to her. His actions had only convinced her that he was in love with the illusion of her, not the real her.

The real W was the opposite of Enuya. She was hostile, cold and most importantly dull, unlike the bright girl she had pretended to be.

He is not in love with you! he is in love with the character you played. the voices in her head taunted her making her rudely slap his hands away and stand up ignoring the wound in her foot.

"I am not Enuya!" she barked in a harsh tone and pushed him in his chest.

"I am not her and I can never be her! Why can't you get this into your thick head" she shouted at him, extremely pissed.

Jimin felt his heart drop but he quickly caught her and pulled her in his embrace.

"Its okay" he whispered whilst holding harder against his firm body.

"No, let me go" she repeatedly hit his chest as she struggled to break free from his grasp, tears flooding her eyes.

She didn't know why she felt this hurt but every time Jimin looked at her as the girl he met three years ago she felt suffocated.

"I don't love you, I never did, I will never do! You are just a gangster for me, A criminal that should be punished" She wanted to make him feel the same pain he had cast upon her and she succeeded.

Jimin's wrapped tightened to the point she felt like some of her bones had crushed. He was visibly tremoring due to the anguish delivered by her. His eyes were bloodshot as his expression hardened but he didn't let her go.

"Don't worry, you will learn to accept me eventually" he caressed the back of her head as he retained her in his firm embrace.

W was violently grappling but the man encasing her didn't even budge.

"I promise things will get better," He said his voice sounding almost guttural then forcing her chin up he captured her lips between his teeth.

The kiss was rough and it conveyed the agony she made him feel. W winced at the sensation of sharp pain and soon metallic taste of her blood filled her mouth but nevertheless responded to his kiss with equal passion.

They broke each other with their cruel words and mended their crumbled state with their kiss.

Jimin knew, keeping her beside him meant lifetime of torment but he was ready for it. He would learn to thrive in this toxic and force her to adjust as well. Abruptly pulling away he bolted out of the room without sparing a glance at her, slamming the door shut.

Finally, he let out the sobs that had reached up to his throat leaning his head against the wooden door.

He wanted to stop his tears but they were no longer under his control and fell one by one from his tired eyes.

"Jimin" he turned his head towards the caring voice and felt his shoulder slump a little as Hoseok gave them a reassuring squeeze.

"Hyung she said she didn't love me" Jimin choked at the sight of his dear friend eyeing him with immense pity.

"She said she..." his lips quivered as he tried to form words.

"She doesn't love me" with a great effort he completed his sentence and plummeted into the ground with a face drenched in tears.

"Why can't I hate her, the one who crushed me into dust? I try to, with everything that has remained within me, I try to loathe her but I can't, It feels like I was cursed to love her and only her " he wailed hiding his face in his forearm.

Hoseok remained quiet patting his head in an attempt to give any sense of comfort he could provide.

He was the only person who had witnessed their relationship from close. He had seen their bond and love they shared and it was hard for him as well to digest that everything was fake.

"Everything will be fine Jimin just stay strong," he said the words he himself wanted to believe while holding his little brother.

Jungkook was standing few meters away with his fingers curled up into fist watching his brother breaking down.

Yoongi hyung was right she is incapable of feeling anything. She doesn't deserve him or even an ounce of pity.

Closing his eyes shut, he turned away from the scene not being able to bear it anymore.

***

So Jimin here is like the female mc in other books who suffers the most still can't help but to love her and W typical male lead who continues to hurt him. Am I right??

What do you think W actual feel for Jimin?