Chapter 20

The rain was pouring down over the dark streets of the city with loud booms of thunder disrupting the sound of emptiness. The downpour was so heavy that if someone would get caught meant being completely drenched to the skin.

Unlike other people who were running to their destination holding on to their umbrella as if their life depended on it, W stood there without caring about the cold icy rain piercing her pale wet skin, staring at the huge screen on the building opposite to her that was showing a variety of commercial.

Soft giggles unconsciously escaped her lips as she watched two kids bickering with each other in a ramen commercial.

It reminded her of her childhood when she had only one dream and that was to live with her prince happily ever after.

However, everything came crashing down because of the people who twisted the world. Her happiness, dream, and hope were snatched by the hands of ruthless peoples calling themselves Mafia's.

He would have hated it to see you going low for a mission

Baekhyun's words played in her mind pricking her heart and pride. But it was because of those so-called mafias she had lost him, because of those ruthless people she had lost her reasons to rush back to her home on cold rainy nights.

Involuntary, a tear slipped from her eyes and she whirled around to take her to leave, however, a black umbrella blocked her way. She went to the left so did the umbrella, she then shuffled to the right and the umbrella mimicked her steps.

She quickly got irked and was about to open her mouth when the umbrella lifted up slightly revealing the gorgeous man with an adorable bunny smile holding it.

W took abrupt steps back, startled by his sudden appearance and her mind went blank all of the sudden. She stood still not being able to remember the fake name she had used to introduce herself.

"Yugin" The way he called her name was softer than the cotton and pulled her closer to him under the protection of his umbrella

"Huh-ah-Jungkook " she stuttered.

What was she supposed to say?

How was she supposed to act?

This encounter was totally unexpected and she was not at all prepared for anything coming in her way.

"Why are you standing here getting drenched in the rain? is everything fine? I was passing by and saw you so..." He was explaining himself but W stood there in silence composing herself mentally.

A faint fake smile smoothly made its appearance on her face as she took upon her role of Yugin.

"Just some family problem" she spoke in a low voice and hung her head down.

"Is that why you didn't receive my call? Is that why you missed our date yesterday?" That was when it hit her hard.

Past few days her mind was so messed with the words Baekhyun and like an irresponsible drunkard, she had ignored everything around her even her mission.

Going along with the flow she nodded her head and came up with another perfect lie "My brother's condition is getting worst, I really don't know what to do, Doctors says its best for me to let him go..." then her Oscar-winning performance started as she choked up in her own words.

Jungkook quickly wrapped his free arms around her securing and trying to soothe her down.

"Don't worry, I'm there for you always" Like all men she had come across with, Jungkook held her like she was his world.

After her little act was over, Jungkook took her to his mansion since she was entirely soaked due to the rain. Even though everything was going on as per her plan, she was feeling a little distraught since her backup was nowhere near.