Chapter 45

Taking hurried long strides, Jimin reached their living quarter where Seokjin was sitting, sipping the peppermint tea while Yoongi adjacent to him drinking a glass of Whisky.

The morning rays penetrated through the glass windows illuminating the extravagant room decorated with a huge chandelier hanging in the middle. The floor was laced with world-class Italian marbles and a Persian carpet on the center adding an expensive touch to the room. Artistic paintings, decors, and Victorian-styled furniture, every corner of the room screamed money and riches.

"Want some tea, brother?" Seokjin slightly rose the cup of tea he had holding but Jimin refused his offer shaking his head.

"I think I will need a whiskey!" He flipped his hair feeling the familiar emotion of restlessness fill his system.

Yoongi gave him a lopsided smirk then strolled towards the small bar at the corner of the room and fill the glass with the black label whiskey then proceeded to hand it to Jimin.

"You will need the strongest one to hear what Hyung is about to say" he warned Jimin in advance.

Accepting the glass from Yoongi, Jimin stationed himself beside the eldest when Jungkook made his appearance as well, entering the room and plummeting in the space beside Yoongi.

"Maknae be my partner" Seokjin exclaimed with a bright face and Jungkook nodded his head mirroring Seokjin's expression and politely accepted the cup of tea.

After they settled down, Seokjin took a sip of the exotic tea which was famous for calming nerves then taking a deep breath in he prepared himself to narrate unknown facts about Taehyung.

"You guys remember, Tae always used to tag along with my father during business ever since he was small" Seokjin began and Jungkook and Jimin both nodded their heads. Even though Jungkook was really small he did remember while Jimin and the rest of his brother stayed behind to play with him, Taehyung and Yoongi would go to watch how the works were done.

"Tae was usually unaffected witnessing how the works were done but one day, he returned back badly shaken to the point he cried to his sleep in my arms" Seokjin paused to take a deep breath again and resumed.

"In the morning he confessed he didn't actually enjoy watching those stuff and was putting up the act for the rest of us" Jungkook and Jimin both narrowed their eyes not understanding what he meant.

"You see" this time Yoongi was the one who began.

"Our families have a kind of tradition to involve the heirs in the family business from the small age in the name of making them capable. So Taehyun suggested to me that we both should volunteer every time they try to take one of us to witness the gruesome acts. He knew watching such things at a small age fuck our mental health and didn't want the younger ones to succumb to darkness. This is also the reason why our fathers are sort of sadistic. They were forced to witness such things since small and grew up in an environment where killing was as easy as chopping vegetables." The piece of information that they got was a sort of shocking blow to both of them as they always thought Yoongi and Taehyung actually enjoyed watching those stuff.

"I'm sorry though, even with our plan we could not avoid that for long" Yoongi lowered his head remembering how the rest of them were forced to witness executions when they were just in their teens.

"However, one specific event cracked his mask" Seokjin resumed his story "Because all this time he was watching criminals, traitors getting what they deserved but one day he witnessed a happy family getting slaughtered by our father leaving only their nine-year-old daughter behind." Jungkook and Jimin both flinched at the thought of it because no matter how heartless they had become, they tried their best not to dirty their hands with innocent's blood.

"Taehyung cried saying how all he could do was watch the pictures of once happy family hanging on their wall while our men were doing their deeds. Especially the pictures of the smiling girl, knowing that he was taking part in breaking her and scarring her for life." Seokjin closed his eyes shut remembering how broken his younger brother looked after all he was just ten years old at that time and It was such a tender age to bear such a huge burden like guilt.

"That day even though we were small, I, Yoongi and Tae promised that we would eventually take over the Mafia clans and change the way how the underworld works for better" Listening to Seokjin, a smile crept in Yoongi's face reminiscing how determined they were while taking the oath.

"But the face of the smiling little girl never stopped haunting him and he could barely meet the eyes of his father as he was the one who murdered the little's girls family" Yoongi's took the turn to speak again glancing at the younger boys who were listening to them with great attention.

"It was one of the reasons he stepped up and took the role of spy and went to train in KIA" Yoongi bit his inner cheeks to control the emotions as that decision was the sole reason why Taehyung was in the wheelchair and lost all of his memories.

The day when he found Taehyung in the pool of blood was the most frightening day of his life. The man who wouldn't even blink while facing death had crumbled into the ground holding the younger man and quivering like a lost child. Fortunately, the gods were on their side and Taehyung survived.

"I really thought Tae got over the past but one day when he sneaked out of KIA to meet me, he said something that shocked me" Seokjin placed the empty cup of tea on the table then began to pour more tea for himself.

"Want some?" Seokjin offered Jungkook who was completely indulged in Seokjin's story and the younger male declined by waving his hand,

"He said that he had found someone he would want to devote his life to" Seokjin continued placing the teapot back on the table. "And it was the same girl whose family was slaughtered by my clan."

Jimin and Jungkook were smart enough to know where the story was going but still deep within they were praying for the story to end on a different note.

"He said nothing about where he met her or how he met her but just said, he would return back home with her" by this time Jimin already had his face buried inside his palm.

"But he did say her name, It was Choi..."

"...Hana" Jimin completed the sentence on behalf of his eldest Hyung.