Chapter 9

Seokjin and Namjoon entered the living room, howling and cheering like a bunch of kids with a joyous smile adding the finishing touch to their handsome faces.

"Wow, my bro is getting married"Seokjin exclaimed clapping his hands and beaming in excitement.

With a sheepish smile carved on his lips, Jimin walked towards them who were like his brothers, and gave them a tight hug. Enuya and Hoseok stood up from the couch to greet the guest discarding the sample of wedding cards they were going through.

"Thank you " Jimin sincerely expressed his gratitude while pulling away.

"Whoa never thought Jimin would be the first one to get married from us" Seokjin proclaimed looking genuinely astonished and Jimin's grin widened more.

"So when is the big day?" Namjoon questioned as they settled down on the couch.

Jimin plopped beside his fiance and draped his arms over her shoulder.

"October 13, on Jimin's birthday" Enuya announced with twinkling eyes then turned to look at Jimin who seemed equally excited as her.

The gleam on Namjoon and Seokjin's face immediately dropped hearing the date for the wedding. They didn't like the idea of them getting married on the day as the annual meeting of their cartels.

Nevertheless not wanting to ruin the mood, both of them pretended to be happy with the news and congratulated the couple for their upcoming marriage.

After discussing the wedding, Jimin excused himself to fetch some finest wine from the cellar not realizing Seokjin had followed him

"You really want to get married on the same day as the annual meeting" Jimin turned around realizing Seokjin was there only after he heard him talk.

"Enuya thinks it's a good idea to get married on my birthday. She thinks it's a very auspicious day so I couldn't say no to her" Jimin admitted as he pursed his lips.

"And what about the meeting? You know right how important the meeting is and as the future head of your cartel it's crucial for you to attend it" Seokjin casually approached Jimin with his hand inside his pockets. When he reached beside Jimin, he leaned his back against the wooden rack and folded his hands over his chest.

"I won't be attending it Hyung, moreover, she wants me to quit and live as a normal life" Jimin's confession made his hands fall to the sides.

"You mean...You will leave us, yo...your gang...your brothers" Seokjin unconsciously stammered as he felt his head going fizzy not wanting to accept it.

He couldn't believe Jimin was throwing away their bond, their promises, and their dreams for just a girl.

For Seokjin, his brothers were his hope and no matter what he wanted them to be together after nearly losing one of his brothers in the past he could not endure losing another one.

"No Hyung, that's impossible, bantang will remain together, forever" Seokjin let out the breath he had been holding in relief.

"How is that possible when you are leaving?" he asked in concern knowing the complicated situation Jimin was in. He knew Jimin couldn't leave the girl as he had fallen head over heels for her nor abandon his brothers for whom he lived.

"I just said her the things she wanted to hear for now. After we get married I will make her understand, I'm sure she will be convinced as well and after we have a child things will get better" He popped open the wine and took out two glasses from the cupboard as he explained himself.

"But for now I need to do whatever it takes to make her believe my words so that she will marry me" he poured the wine in both glasses and handed one to the older male.

"So cover up for me only for this year and next year we will hold the meeting not as the heirs but as The mafia Kings"  Jimin smirked and both of them raised the glass to cheers.

Unbeknown to them, Enuya was standing on the staircase in silence clutching the side of her dress. She did not mean to eardrop their conversation but only intended to help Jimin to fetch the wine.

She could feel her heart sinking in the pit of her stomach due to disappointment after hearing everything. However, without bothering to barge in, she returned back to the living room with subtle steps.

In the Park mansion, Jimin's father threw the bottle of liquor which when collided with the wall,  shattered into hundreds of pieces.

"HOW DARE HE?" he barked, nose flaring as he fumed in anger.

Mr. Park was a scary man when he was mad so before he could do something harmful in the fit of anger, his mistress quickly went to him and made him sit down in his Fauteuil. She then moved behind him and she started to give him a neck massage trying to soothe him a little. 

"He is getting married without my consent and that too on the day of the annual meeting" She could swear he would burst into flames any second.

"What is he trying to do? Rebel?"  he spat those words fisting his hand over the desk before him, chest heaving up and down. 

"Honey, calm down," she spoke in an awfully sweet voice.

"She is just a commoner and from her appearance, I'm sure she doesn't want to be part of a mafia family" she continued speaking in a honey-laced voice while she massaged his shoulders.

"What are you hinting?" Mr. Park turned his head to the side to face her.

She made her way beside him and place her hand over his "All we need to do is to show her how the world of mafia works and what it means to get involved with one" her lips stretched wide like of the Chesire cat of Alice in Wonderland.

"I'm sure she will run away herself from our life, from Jimin's life" Mr. Park grabbed her hair abruptly and pulled her to give her an aggressive kiss, and bit her bottom lips earning a yelp from her.

"This is why I like you," he winked at her, who was touching her lips that were burning due to pain after they parted.

"I will go and prepare a perfect wedding gift for my son"  He snickered viciously as he walked out of the room cracking the bones of his neck.

A sly smile appeared on her face as she gracefully made her way to the bar that was in the corner of the room.

She poured the wine into a glass and picked up the glass to take a sip of the sweet liquid. She moaned in satisfaction as flavors melted in her mouth and strode towards the huge window.

"Poor little lamb, you should have thought about the consequences of stepping into lion's den" she mumbled to herself as she took another sip of the wine coming up with the nasty things she would love to do the woman who dared touch what should have belonged to her.

"I can't wait to see you get broken Jimin-ah, maybe then you will finally need my arms for comfort, after all, I'm soon going to be your step-mother" throwing her head backward she chortled darkly.