S-4 - E-11 - Call of Duty

🤬Inappropriate language in this chapter!🤬

I was pissed when I saw my mother's face. Clay has really gone off the deep end if he is beating my mother. A woman he once claimed to be in love with over the years. I know Jax would break over this. I tried to call Piney and talk with him since I hadn't heard from him or seen him. He didn't answer, I wasn't surprised as he normally did this type of shit. I meet up with the rest of the club at the warehouse ready to get this shit handled. I was already annoyed that we had to meet with the assholes that played keepaway with Able.

When Jax meets up with us he pulls me outside to confront Clay about our mother's face. I was pissed that Clay tried to pull the old lady card on us. "You think you can pull that shit with us. That's our mother. I may be mad at her but she is still my mother. Do you really think Hap would let me get away with pulling the she's my old lady. Hell no, Monroe is Hap's daughter and she always will be. Hell, no man that knows Monroe would let me pull that card. But then again I would never hurt my wife like you did." I said as Jax nodded his head.

"You stay away from our mother until we say so. She might be your wife and old lady but she is our mother and you will not touch her again." Jax says as I nod my head in agreement.

After we checked out the new hardwear we headed back to the clubhouse to talk about going after the guys that hurt Amelia. I was walking to the clubhouse when Opie stopped me. "Did you know?" He asked as I looked confused and then sighed.

"About Jax leaving?" I asked, making him nod his head. "Yeah! I figured it out. Figured you knew!" I said as Opie was pissed.

"Your beef with him isn't just about the drugs and the cartel?" He asked as I shook my head.

"Since he got out it has been one bad thing after another. And he is going to up and leave like he didn't just destroy this club." I said with a growl. "My beef with him is about turning on his family for some two faced lying bitch. Hell at this point I am thinking Tara would have been better for him." I said, not knowing Jax was behind me. "My brother is only looking out for one person, himself." I said as I turned to see him standing there shocked. "Best part is when you are gone, me and Opie can make this club better. Fix all the things you and Clay broke." I said as Opie nodded his head.

I listened as Jax talked and everyone agreed to help him. "Mas... you in?" Jax asked as I just stared at him.

"You know karma has a funny way of paying you back." I said as Opie chucked a little. Jax looked confused and then pissed.

"You, saying that Amelia deserved this to happen to her?" He asked as I smirked at him.

"I am saying that your old lady got what was coming to her for being a lying fucking two faced bitch! And truly, whatever happens today it is your fault. Yours and Clay's. I will help you but you and Clay are responsible for whatever happens." I said as Opie nodded in agreement. They both looked shocked at me. 

I was at home putting the twins down for a nap when Mason walked in

I was at home putting the twins down for a nap when Mason walked in. He looked ruff. I was confused as he started to cry. I rushed to him making sure he was not hurt. "I am so sorry baby." He said as I looked at him confused.

"Mas... What are you talking about." I asked as he pulled me into his arms. "What happened?" I asked as he just held me.

"Kozik... He was killed today!" He said and I froze. I didn't understand what he was talking about. "I am so sorry!" He said as I shook my head.

"No! He can't be." I said as I pushed him away and grabbed my phone. I called my dad.

"Roe?" He answered and I could hear the pain in his voice. "I am so sorry baby girl!" He said and I broke down in tears. My godfather was dead. "Fuck!" I heard my father yell before the line went dead. Mason came and tried to hold me but I moved away from him.

"What happened?" I yelled as Kozik was alway like a second father to me. Mason shook his head.

"He stepped on a landmine!" He said, making me gasp. He was blown up. I finally let Mason hold me as I broke down even more. "I am so sorry baby... I know how much he meant to you and he loved you like you were his own." He says as I cry in his arms. He picked me up and just held me.  

It has been a while and Monroe had cried herself to sleep

It has been a while and Monroe had cried herself to sleep. I called Neeta and had her come and help with the kids. Hap showed up and he looked broken too. "She cried herself to sleep." I said as Hap nodded his head.

"I always thought I would be the one to go before him. Because of what I do for the club." He said as I nodded my head. "When she was little and I would go and see her she would always send me back with a picture or a letter for Kozik." He said as I smiled, he chuckled. "It was funny the first time she called him uncle. I had brought him around my ma's place a few times and he had figured out that she was my daughter and promised to keep it quiet. But she asked him if he was my club brother and he said yes. She looked at him and smiled before saying 'so that makes you my uncle'. He smiled at her like she was the sun. The bond they share was one almost as close as me and her." He told me as I smiled at how Monroe was when she was little.

I looked at my wife as we stood just outside our bedroom door. "How do I help her through this?" I asked as Hap shook his head at me.

"I wish I knew. Kozik wasn't just her godfather, he helped raise her. When I went to jail he would make trips down to see her and make sure she had everything she needed. Took her to father daughter dances, cause I couldn't. In a way she was as much his daughter as she is mine. Only difference was they didn't share DNA." He says as I nod my head at him. I already knew that was the case. All I really know is that this was Jax and Clay's fault. "He left you both this." Hap said as he handed me a letter addressed to Mr. and Mrs. Mason Teller.

"Hap... How do I keep them safe? What happened today isn't us. We aren't about this shit!" I asked, really concerned about our family.

"We do that as a family!" Ryder said as he walked up behind us. Hap nodded his head in agreement.

"He is right, we do it as a family!" Hap said before he walked over to Monroe and kissed her head.