Chapter 40

He slept on the bed lifeless, she was sure he wasn't sleeping. The tear marks on his face melted her heart, tears from her eyes came out in a second and she rushed to him. She sat beside him and nudged him to wake him up. With each passing minute, her heart was clenching and negative thoughts kept hovering in her brain.

She lifted his huge body and settled down near the headrest and sat in indian style. She lifted his head gently and placed it in her lap. She was gently stroking his face and wiping his face with a wet cloth after sprinkling some water drops on him. Her hot tears fell on his face as well. She was praying to Lord Venketeshwara that he should open his eyes soon, she wasn't ready to lose one more person in her life.

After a few minutes, he was slowly getting into consciousness. She tapped his cheek gently and he blinked his eyes twice, vision wasn't clear for him, it was all blur. When he was finally able to see the surroundings, he saw Sahana's face. It wasn't like always. She was crying a lot and that was the last thing he wanted to see while he was alive.

He quickly got up from her lap, and cupped her face while trying to understand what those tears were because of.

Pranav : Sahu, what happened? Why are you crying kanna(dear)?

Sahana cried more and more, she just hugged him and kept her head on his heart and a hand on his chest, Pranav didn't understand what happened. He was actually upset that she went away without informing and the mental breakdown he had while thinking about his past. He felt like he should let her go and the next time they would meet, he would talk about it and end it there. Now, when she hugged him he felt like he belonged to her and vice versa.

After like an hour she moved away from him and wiped her tears and got off the bed.

Sahana : I.. We need to go to Krithi's home. Everyone is there.

Pranav : Butterfly, just tell me what happened? Why is everyone there? Why are you a crying mess?

Sahana : Pranav, Krithi passed away in a road accident.

Pranav : WHAT? Sahana, are you serious? When did this happen? How? Didn't the doctors treat her?

Sahana : Spot dead Pranav.

Pranav was shaken completely. He just pulled her into a tight hug, he didn't know her much but one thing he was sure of is his wife would do anything for Krithi and to make sure she is okay. He could only think of what she would be going through at this moment. All he could do was be there for her and see that she doesn't slip into depression.

She pushed him away after sometime and placed her palm on his head to check his temperature. It was normal and she was relieved.

Pranav : I am fine Sahu, we need to go.

Sahana : Pranav, you stay back. I will go alone.

Pranav : I don't want to stay alone Sahu, please and I wish to see her one last time. She was my sister in law to be. I know what she means to you. Come let's go.

Sahana didn't speak anything and both of them travelled to Krithi's home. Pranav got down first and opened the door for Sahana. She got down and he held her hand and led her into the home.

It was late in the night by the time everything was done and Sahana sat in a corner, Pranav sat beside her.

Sahana got up from her place and went towards Krithi's room. Pranav was about to follow her but Priya stopped him. He looked at her confusingly.

Priya : Before Sahana came into your life you had Vijay too Pranav, as much as Sahana is going through things he is going through them too. Talk to him once, maybe he needs you more than Sahana needs you at the moment.

Pranav thought for a second.

Pranav : But sister, Sahana she'll be alright right? I am scared to lose her.

Priya : She'll be fine, you love her yet you treated her like a rag doll Pranav?

Pranav being shocked would be an understatement. He didn't expect something like this.

Priya : Some questions are better off without any answers Pranav, I don't have an answer for your questions you have to search for them and please go and check on your brother.

Pranav took slow steps towards Vijay who was standing in front of Krithi's picture. He went and put a hand on his shoulder. Vijay turned towards his side with blood red eyes.

He hugged him tight and cried.

Vijay : Anna, she..she left me half hazard and went away anna. Why did she do this anna? Wasn't I good enough?

Pranav was trying to calm him down with some soothing words but nothing was helping him.

Vijay : Wait, men don't what do they say anna? Men don't cry. Why anna? Didn't God give tear glands to us? Didn't God give us emotions? Men cry too anna. Nobody can hold it up in their hearts forever. They'll die if they do so. Few of them here were telling me not to cry anna, if you are here to say the same please anna, leave me here. I am tired of hearing it.

Pranav : I know Vijay, I know the pain you are going through not in this way but in a way which I don't want you to know.

Vijay : What are you talking about anna?

Pranav : Not now, I'll tell you when time comes Vijay. I am here for you, you can just lay here on my shoulder and let it out.

Vijay : Actually anna, I never told you before but you are the best brother one could ever have Anna, and trust me when I say it I mean it. I love you Anna, thank you for hearing me out. I just need some time and space. It's not easy for me to digest this.

Pranav : I know, do you want to go somewhere?

Vijay : Come back home anna, amma papa would be alone if I go as well.

Pranav : I will, I don't want Sahana to stay alone either. I am scared for her.

Vijay : I'll go somewhere anna, nobody would know it except you and only you.

Pranav nodded and hugged him while patting his back.

Pranav : What actually happened? I am sorry I shouldn't be asking this now but Sahana just told me it's a road accident.

Vijay : Hit and run case anna, police are working on finding who it is, I won't leave anyone who is related to this.

Pranav : Neither will I.

Vijay : You go anna, Sahana needs you right now.

Pranav : Maybe she needs you as a friend more than me right now Vijay, we're not that close with each other.

He said and turned back to see Sahana standing there with moist eyes.

Hello dear readers,

We are back with an early update.

How was the update?

Did you all like it?

Please do vote and comment your views. Thank you for reading.

All of them are in a disturbed state, they're living but dead from inside.

That's all! Will try to update soon.

Sakshi and Madhurima ❤💙