Chapter 64

"Sahu? Sahu?" Vijay called from the other side, but he heard nothing in response except for a thud sound. He decided to end the call and immediately dialed his mother.

Tulsi, who had already heard the sound from the room, rushed in with Pranavi. They found Sahana lying unconscious on the floor, clutching her phone. Both of them hurried to her, with Tulsi cradling her head in her lap.

"Navi, please go and get some water quickly," Tulsi instructed. Pranavi swiftly went to the kitchen, fetched a glass of water, and returned in a jiffy.

Tulsi gently sprinkled water on Sahana's face, and she slowly began to open her eyes.

As Sahana's eyes fluttered open, she saw blurred images around her. She blinked a few times to clear her vision.

"Sahu, are you okay, dear?" Tulsi asked.

Sahana struggled to get up, her head still spinning. She held her head and closed her eyes.

"Navi, get some water," Tulsi said, handing Pranavi the glass of water. After a few minutes, Sahana felt better and could see things clearly.

"What happened, Bhabhi? How are you feeling now? Come on, get up slowly, and let's sit on the bed," Pranavi said, offering her hand for support.

With Pranavi's help, Sahana got up and settled on the bed.

"I think it's just weakness, don't worry, Maa and Navi. Don't tell Pranav about this; he'll rush me to the hospital and insist on an injection, which is terrifying," Sahana said in a hushed voice, earning chuckles from the other two ladies.

"I'll bring your lunch here, and you are strictly forbidden from doing any more work, Bhabhi. If something happens to you, Bhai will make sure to kill me with his glares. Just sit tight. Krishna also said she would come with Arjun Anna soon," Pranavi said.

"Arjun and Krishna?" Sahana asked.

"Yes, Arjun Anna is Vikram's best friend, and Krishna is his wife," Pranavi explained.

"Oh, that's great! We'll finally get to meet them. And don't bring my lunch here! I'll come to the dining table. I'm not that weak, just a tiny bit, maybe that's all," she said, and the three of them chuckled.

Tulsi checked her phone and noticed a few missed calls from Vijay. She called him back, but by then, they heard the doorbell.

"I'll see who it is," Pranavi said and went to open the door.

Pranavi opened the door to find Vijay, Khushi, Arjun, and Krishna on the doorstep.

"Arjun Anna, Khushi, Bhai, Krishna, please come in," Pranavi said.

Tulsi was serving lunch to the three of them when they heard the commotion, prompting both the mother-in-law and daughter-in-law to come to the living room.

Vijay rushed to Sahana instantly and sighed in relief when he saw her fit and fine.

"I got so scared when you didn't respond to the phone, Sahu," he said, his eyes almost welling up with tears.

Sahana was surprised to see this emotional side of him.

"Sorry, Vijay! I should have called you, but I was going to eat and then call you. Did you think your friend, aka Bhabhi, was going to leave you so soon? Not so soon, Vijay! You'll have to put up with me for a long time, and now that you've signed up for it, you can't back out," she said, giggling.

Vijay just nodded and side-hugged her.

As soon as he heard a thud and no response from the other side, all the previous incidents with Krithi came flooding back to him. Without a second thought, he started driving towards his sister's home, with Khushi by his side. No matter how many times he called his mother, she wouldn't answer, which heightened his worry.